Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

mobile phone kits - help needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
klacey

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
mobile phone kits - help needed

I have an early D3. I have found out that landrover at last are supplying a kit for mobile phones. I have waited a long time for this.
Dealer was not able to tell me if my mobile would work with it. (Bluetooth Ericson T39)
Does anyone know anything about these landrover kits?
Are there any other kits for the D3 on the market?
I gather that landrover ones are not sat screen useable like the new 06 D3's but need the music no. keypad for number entry.
What is the best modification to get?
Dealer was really quite unhelpful. As ever.
Can the car be modified to be same phone spec as 2006 D3?
Really I'd like a system wherby I could call a number using voice control -
does anyone have any ideas?
Cost is less of an issue than the best system available.

Post #266197th Nov 2005 6:05 pm
Pelyma

England 

The blue tooth kit isn't worth bothering with, it doesn't link to the hifi key pad and can't access the phones phonebook. Parrot is a popular and far cheaper alternative.

BTW sounds like you need a different dealer, they aren't all the same.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #266227th Nov 2005 6:17 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

BT works with mine OK, (SE P900, K750 & Z600) works with voice dial & numberpad as well, no phonebook access though... does what I want of it so no need for cradle and change of phone for me! Wink

Post #266257th Nov 2005 6:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Same here with Motorola V3
 The End  
Post #266267th Nov 2005 6:55 pm
MVS

BT kit works for me with Nokia 6310i if a bit slow to connect sometimes.

However would not pay LR's prices for one (they fitted it free as compensation for hassles). I would get an ICE dealer to fit one, with the brackets that don't require drilling the dash.

See http://www.brodit.com , even if you supply the bracket for the fitter.

Personally I would be quite happy to fit a Nokia/Motorola/SEric BT car kit myself anyway have lost count of how many cars I've put the old nokia one in I've got.

Also see many previous threads on bluetooth/ car kits
eg.
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph...mp;start=0

Mike

Post #266407th Nov 2005 7:14 pm
klacey

Bluetooth kit

Many thanks for the replies.
I have found a supplier (Expansys) of Parrot mobile phone kit and this looks ideal, they also provide easy access to a home fitting service. The non-drill cradles are also supplied.

Post #266777th Nov 2005 9:55 pm
photothames

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

For me the reason I went for the deler fit Bluetooth kit was, at the time and I believe the situation is still the same, it was the only system that mutes the radio and puts the voice output through the radio speakers on the harman/kardon system.

I have not found a problem with the system and have fitted a no-holes bracket next to the radio to hold the phone and charge it from the spare 12v plug.
 Andy - 2006 HSE TDV6  
Post #266787th Nov 2005 10:00 pm
klacey

bluetooth phone

I think that the Parrot kit will also play through speaker system - don't know if it mutes the radio though...maybe someone else does?

Post #267058th Nov 2005 12:01 am
discoman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: bluetooth phone

klacey wrote:
I think that the Parrot kit will also play through speaker system - don't know if it mutes the radio though...maybe someone else does?

My parrot bluetooth plays through the speakers and mutes radio but not sat nav or TA you will not be able to hear a call if you are on route with sat nav.

I have left my phone in the boot several times and it works very well.

Hope this helps.

Post #270029th Nov 2005 3:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have a Sony Ericsson bluetooth kit HCB-300, which works great and allows upto five different phones to be connected. It mutes the radio, which displays "Phone Mode" and the volume is controlled through the knob on the dash or via the steering wheel controles or on the phone controller itself. Works with the Sat Nav too and on TA. Only downside is that you have to terminate the speaker connector that comes with the kit, or fit the speaker so that the impedence(?) is correct and no nasty clicks. Dunno if this is correct, but this was what I was told if attempting a self install and had any problems.

Always connects, always works and does pretty much what is says on the tin.

Another perspective - hope it helps?

Paul
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #270069th Nov 2005 4:19 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Mossy wrote:
I have a Sony Ericsson bluetooth kit HCB-300, which works great and allows upto five different phones to be connected. It mutes the radio, which displays "Phone Mode" and the volume is controlled through the knob on the dash or via the steering wheel controles or on the phone controller itself. Works with the Sat Nav too and on TA. Only downside is that you have to terminate the speaker connector that comes with the kit, or fit the speaker so that the impedence(?) is correct and no nasty clicks. Dunno if this is correct, but this was what I was told if attempting a self install and had any problems.

Always connects, always works and does pretty much what is says on the tin.

Another perspective - hope it helps?

Paul

Crickey Shocked Did you install this yourself? I have not been able to interface my kit with the radio, and was told it could not be done. I have the HCB300 also. If you had it installed by a fitter, can you let me have their number?

Post #270079th Nov 2005 4:35 pm
Mossy

Hi Gareth,

I'll PM you the details rather than plug commercially the company here. The company is the one used by my local dealership, so booked through the dealership. By all accounts it was a straight forward install. I have a feeling he also needed a Sony Ericsson extra for advanced muting, which redirects through the speaker system.

I am only guessing this, as I have installed a few HCB-30s myself (the older version) and it was necessary, but to be honest I didnt stand and watch the auto electrician in this case. I opted not to mess around myself in this instance and got a very good deal as the dealership were "being very helpful" for a number of on-going issues and were unable to retrofit the LR BT kit.

My dash certainly says phone mode when it rings or I dial, so it is certainly possible.

Paul
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #270139th Nov 2005 4:49 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Ok thats great, thanks.

Post #270159th Nov 2005 4:53 pm
Mossy

Should be in your "in-box" now.

Just noticed you're not millions of miles away from Chester, so might just be in his catchment area, although he may be able to shed some light on things over the phone, and arm you with the right technical to go back to your delaer.

Silly question - but just checking - I dont get any other integration other than the ability to mute, redirect the sound and control the volume through the system, which 'sees' the phone and displays 'phone mode' with a little icon. I dont get anything fancy. I use a P900 so the voice dial is all there as is the annoucement when anything in-bound arrives, but this is through the phone.

Paul
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #270189th Nov 2005 5:09 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

That fine, I just want the mute function, and anything else will be a bonus. Got your message - Thanks Razz

Post #270219th Nov 2005 5:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >