Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Motoreasy - An Experience
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cornishboy

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Motoreasy - An Experience

Just thought I would share my experience.

I have a Motoreasy policy and at inception I made sure I have 100% parts and Labour with no betterment clause. I also made them add that this is a 4x4 and will go off road so do not try and try and get out of a claim as it has been 'off road'. I also have wear & tear.

Anyway last year I claimed for a coolant tank and took some doing but as the sensor was covered the tank was not but they come as a complete part.

This year I have some rear upper arm bushes that needed replacing. I took it in and they said you need 'two bushes'. Yes I know that!! Waited for Motoreasy to call me back. They called back to offer me replacing 'one' side but not the other as they do not usually 'go' at the same time.
Uhhh umm I said, what did the report from YOUR garage say?
Oh that they need replacing,
and what does MY policy say?
Oh that we do cover the bushes.

After two days they agreed to the work but I would need to pay the additional betterment fee and excess. I again had to refer them to my policy that says 100% part & labour.

So after all this, I now have new rear suspension arms on both sides courtesy of Motoreasy.

Moral - know your policies and your rights under the policy. They try and get away with anything!

Post #204012325th Mar 2019 4:34 pm
LIAMMCL

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Yep, they are a slippery bunch of....

Post #204014825th Mar 2019 6:08 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

I was them for 12 months and never had to claim, but always got impression I was being 'oversold' - so like Cornishboy - got everything confirmed in writing - especially on betterment - which is important (IMO) on an older car.
Caveat Emptor
 Now Golf GTI PP, 7 speed DSG.
Ex D3 and D4 

Post #204015225th Mar 2019 6:17 pm
stooby doo

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

They are a waste of money. I've had a policy for the last 11 months at nearly £1000 for the year, have tried to claim 2 times and each time been refused.
First time was front wishbone bushes worn. Not covered as not a complete breakdown.
Second time was petrol tank sender unit harness causing loss of fuel gauge. Not covered as wiring is not covered, even if it is the in tank wiring and part of the fuel sender assembly.

I am currently in the process of trying to claim for a failed TSOV actuator but already am getting push back as they won't confirm if covered or not without seeing a quote for the repair. Repair costs is irrelevant to if covered by my policy and I don't want to waste time getting quotes if they are not going to cover the cost of the repair.

Needless to say will not be renewing with them.
 2010 Discovery 4 XS

Previously - 2004 Defender 110 TD5 CSW, 1993 Defender 90 200Tdi 

Post #20499861st May 2019 11:12 am
James W

United Kingdom 

I've had two claims with MotorEasy and their admin and process was very amateurish and relied on me to keep things moving but they did pay out both times. My biggest annoyance was that they charged me two excesses for doing both front wishbone bushes as MOT failures when I argued you'd replace in pairs anyway. (I had full wear and tear cover, not just complete breakdown cover)

I agree to know your rights and fight your corner but I think this applies to any company really, not just MotorEasy.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #20500011st May 2019 11:55 am
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

As a comparison, I’ve just had two two new front lower arms completed, and a new rear prop shaft, with all LR parts through my Indy. It was picked up at service, and they handled the claim.

All went through and authorised in about 30 mins by WD.

My local Indy doesn’t have the alignment kit which needed doing after the arms, so I called WD and said it needed doing as part of the repair. They said no problem, book it in and send invoice once complete.

Can’t fault WD again

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #20500041st May 2019 12:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >