Page 1 of 2 12>
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4
MTPLM question

I just bought this week a new Elddis Crusader Tempest EB Thumbs Up
It says that the 'Plated MTPLM' is 1845 kg's
It also says the 'Max MTPLM' is 1900 kg's
And that the 'Max user payload' is 180kgs
I'm having an AWD 4 wheel motor mover fitted which is going to reduce the 180 Kg user payload down to around 120 kg's which doesn't sound much to me.
I've read that Elddis can upgrade the MTPLM to a larger payload but I'm assuming this has to be done during the build ? Or can this be done retro. Any advice appreciated.
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #12811538th May 2014 3:47 pm
Duncster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Bailey uprate the weighting on some of there caravans by giving you a new sticker and advising to pump up the tyres to a higher pressure.

So it may be as simple as that
 15 3.0 RRS HSE - Silver
05 2.7TDV6 S AUTO Silver - Retro-fitted Leather. 

Post #12811578th May 2014 3:53 pm
highbayrack

Thanks I have a feeling that's what Elddis do which would be good Thumbs Up I've just emailed them asking the question and it will be interesting to see what they come back with
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)

Post #12811618th May 2014 4:08 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

It is as simple as that. You get a new sticker. You need to get your dealer to do it, because you also need a a new NCC compliance certificate.

I have just done this on our new Elddis although I am still awaiting the certificate.

Post #12811968th May 2014 5:16 pm
highbayrack

Thanks chaps, Elddis have since come back to me and confirmed this also, so I will ask Glossop Caravans when I take delivery next Friday Thumbs Up

However, in their email reply, Elddis also mentioned that my warranty would not be affected by fitting a motor mover as long as it was installed by an Elddis approved workshop.

Problem is I'm using a Powertoutch approved installer who is also a National Caravan Council and Caravan Club approved workshop installer with over 22 years experience, so I'm just not sure if they will be approved by Elddis and if they will accept this.

Interesting to see what they come back with tomorrow Confused

Post #12812108th May 2014 6:06 pm
Washwipe

England 

Hasn't the payload changed two or three years back, the likes of a Gas Bottle, battery, a certain amount of water and a few other bits and bobs now come in as Essential Habitation equipment, so not included in the 120kgs payload Question

Post #12812158th May 2014 6:18 pm
highbayrack

F Censored ed if I know, its a mine field. I always loaded our previous vans sensibly, but that said I'm sure at times went over the limits and it's not worth the risk now.

Post #12812228th May 2014 6:34 pm
dantheman

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Can't see you will have a problem with warranty and yr fitter after all for any servicing and warranty work on a new van the manufacturers just ask for them to be NCC approved.
Glossop fitted my truma mover, they wired it up the wrong way so it did the opposite of what it should, didn't have it as close to the wheel as it should have been and didn't tighten the bolts fully, so stick as you are would be my advise!! Good luck with them Thumbs Up

Post #12812408th May 2014 7:04 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I used Glossop Caravans too for our Elddis, bought in February. I have no problems with the mover they fitted, but I am having problems getting a couple of items that were not noticed as missing on handover. A piece of carpet and the cutlery tray are missing.

I've been waiting a few weeks now for them to supply, and its the old story - I always have to phone them.

Post #12812448th May 2014 7:11 pm
Washwipe

England 

highbayrack wrote:
F Censored ed if I know, its a mine field. I always loaded our previous vans sensibly, but that said I'm sure at times went over the limits and it's not worth the risk now.

http://www.tourerinfo.co.uk/payloads/pdf/T...vision.pdf

You will get a bit of leniency if pulled you get 4% leeway, that's on a Goods Vehicle, private vehicle will get more Wink

Post #12812498th May 2014 7:20 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Washwipe wrote:
Hasn't the payload changed two or three years back, the likes of a Gas Bottle, battery, a certain amount of water and a few other bits and bobs now come in as Essential Habitation equipment, so not included in the 120kgs payload Question

I would say this is of no consequence; you may not exceed the maximum allowed weight. How much of it you say is essential doesn't matter.

We travel with 5 people and we need about 200 kgs of payload. This includes everything but the awning. So 120 kg does not sound much to me...

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #12812558th May 2014 7:45 pm
KenR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

You might want to have a look at the thread "Nasty shock" in the Caravan, Camping and Touring section as it has some interesting comments

Post #12812578th May 2014 7:52 pm
Washwipe

England 

wvlenthe wrote:
Washwipe wrote:

I would say this is of no consequence; you may not exceed the maximum allowed weight. How much of it you say is essential doesn't matter.

We travel with 5 people and we need about 200 kgs of payload. This includes everything but the awning. So 120 kg does not sound much to me...

Wiljo

All I am saying is the payload allowance is less as you no longer have to allow for Essential Habitation Equipment as this is already included in the MTPLM where as previously it was not.

Post #12812658th May 2014 7:59 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ah, allright, now that *is* confusing.
We have a different manner in this country.
You have empty weight and max weight, which is actually max axle weight I assume.
So the max axle pressure plus nose weight minus empty weight is what the stuff you carry may weigh... much simpler.

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #12812698th May 2014 8:06 pm
highbayrack

Actually it's not quite so much of a problem for us because we have 5 kids and 2 big dogs so we no choice and always end up taking 2 cars and can spread the load. But it's still a worry as I'm famous for packing c Censored p we don't need Whistle

Post #12812838th May 2014 8:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >