Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

name stickers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
discocam

England 
name stickers

hi martin and all who read this. i was wondering if we could get our names made out i.e (DISCOCAM/10FORCASH, SLIMER) and so forth to stick above the disco3.co.uk stickers so we can identify each other when passing by. what do you think or has someone allready mentioned this Rolling Eyes Question
 disco1 and disco3 who could ask for more?
ONE LIFE LIVE IT 

Post #720916th Jul 2005 10:46 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

What would be good is a sticker to put in the windscreen so we can see people coming towards us and not have to check the rear view mirrors... and of course then its too late to gesticulate at them.

-s

Post #721316th Jul 2005 11:19 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

you both obviously used to have Cortina's or Capri's with the green sunshield with 'Discocam & Shaz' or Simon & Sheep' in the 70's Laughing Laughing

Cheers,

10forcash

Last edited by 10forcash on 17th Jul 2005 2:04 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #729117th Jul 2005 1:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

What I did see at Billing that looked pretty cool (to me anyway) - I think it was on the Hartwell stand - was a rear registration plate with the land-rover oval as a watermark, now if we could do that.... BN, i'm sure you can quote chapter & verse on the legislation Confused

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #729217th Jul 2005 2:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Ah... now me brain is thinking... a distinctive front number plate with the GB part, the reg number and DISCO3.CO.UK watermark thats easy to see from 200 yds. Or other side of the plate from the GB part... a DISCO3.CO.UK badge thats reflective for night time spotting.

-s

Post #730017th Jul 2005 2:45 pm
10forcash

Or an IR emitter that projects Disco3.co.uk for those of us that drive on NVG's? Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

10forcash

although the registration plate mod. sounds good..... 8)

Post #730417th Jul 2005 2:54 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Why am I not surprised that you came out with that? 8)
 The End  
Post #730717th Jul 2005 3:02 pm
10forcash

I'd hate to dispel your views of me for one Laughing plus they're great for spotting laser speed traps Shocked its a trick that herc crews taught me....

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #730817th Jul 2005 3:07 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Do herc crews get pulled over for speeding often then? Wink
 The End  
Post #731017th Jul 2005 3:09 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

A pal of mine from Yeovilton brought a set of NVGs over the other weekend....they are awesome. I imagine that they are the same as the RAF use. We drove to the pub without lights on, and scared the s**t out of some guy who was taking his dog for a late night walk.........

Post #731317th Jul 2005 3:13 pm
10forcash

Slimer,
not any more...... although the ground radar at Lynham does pick up M4 traffic... "ZZ194, beware traffic vector blah blah blah, callsign Eddie Stobart"
Winger, great fun, allegedly on the M5 at 3 in the morning....
I know nuffink orificer Shocked

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #731517th Jul 2005 3:24 pm
BN

England 

10forcash wrote:
What I did see at Billing that looked pretty cool (to me anyway) - I think it was on the Hartwell stand - was a rear registration plate with the land-rover oval as a watermark, now if we could do that.... BN, i'm sure you can quote chapter & verse on the legislation Confused

Cheers,

10forcash

Legally, the answer is NO. Plates have to be to a set standard, no ifs and buts. This is actually the same as driving at dark without displaying obligatory lights. Oh boy 10forcash Crying or Very sad keep the flack jacket on, the boys in blue will get you.

Post #731917th Jul 2005 4:22 pm
10forcash

BN, they need to see me first Laughing
IIRC, there are certain areas of a registration plate that can be 'customised' or the size extended without bringing on the wrath of HM revenue collectors in blue?

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #732617th Jul 2005 4:43 pm
BN

England 

10forcashj, there you go, dig into that? Invisible or not. The boys in blue have power to their elbow.

NUMBER PLATES
The index mark and registration number must be clearly shown at the front and rear of every motor vehicle (except works trucks, unless these are required to be used on the road between sites, etc). The description and size must conform to the official specification and all number plates must be clearly legible from distances as set out in the regulations at front and rear and the rear plate must be illuminated at night.
In the case of a trailer (including a broken-down vehicle being towed) the registration number of the towing vehicle must appear on the rear of the vehicle on tow.
Vehicles first registered from 1 January 1973, including trailers attached to such vehicles, not exceeding 3050kg unladen weight, must be fitted with reflex-reflecting number plates. The background of the plate only must be of reflex-reflecting material and must be white for the front plate and yellow for the rear with letters and figures in black on both plates. Each plate must bear the British Standard Specification No. "BS AU 145a: 1971".
For vehicles first registered prior to 1 January 1973, weighing under 3050kg unladen, heavy motor vehicles whenever registered (which have to conform with the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 (SI 1989 No. 1796) Schedule 19 (see below), agricultural machines and works trucks, the number plates may comprise white, silver or light grey letters and figures indelibly inscribed upon, or attached to, a black surface on a flat rectangular plate or on a flat rectangular unbroken surface forming part of the vehicle.
Section 17 in Part 2 of the Vehicles (Crime) Act 2001 came into force on 1 January 2003. Under this section, all number plate suppliers in England and Wales, excluding suppliers who only supply plates for newly-registered vehicles, must register their details with DVLA, The Register of Number Plate Suppliers, Swansea SA99 1DB. The registration fee is a once and for all fee of £40.
Vehicles first registered on and from 1 September 2001 must be fitted with number plates which comply with British Standard Specification BS AU 145d, or any other relevant standard or specification recognised in any EEA State. The characters making up the registration mark must be of the specified size in the prescribed font as contained in Schedule 2 to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001 (SI 2001 No. 561) as amended by the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) (Amendment) Regulations 2002 (SI 2002 No. 2687). This prohibits the use of a number plate with a patterned or textured background and makes special provisions for certain important vehicles in relation to the size and spacing of characters on the number plate. This requirement also applies to vehicles where replacement plates have to be fitted prior to 1 September 2001.

The Road Vehicles Lighting (Amendment) Regulations 2001 (SI 2001 No. 560) allows the rear number plate to incorporate the international distinguishing sign of the UK together with the EU emblem (as contained in EC Council Regulation 2411/98), even though the reflective material is not red in colour (see also "Reflecting Material"under Lighting Requirements).
Note: The tractive unit of an articulated vehicle should be fitted with reflex-reflecting number plates if it is used on the road without a semi-trailer attached.

Thats only part of it. Very Happy

Post #734017th Jul 2005 5:12 pm
10forcash

BN,
If I was a fisherman...... 8)

So Hartwell's (or whoever it was) are contrvening regs or have 'show only' plates... nice Rolling Eyes Wink sort of knew you'd have the answer Very Happy

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #734717th Jul 2005 5:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >