Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Need a fridge for my D4??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Colin hughes

Canada 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackLR3

I had an Engel and when we started selling ARB, I switched to one of those. Both equally good. I run a second battery with an isolator and also a 100w solar panel with a Sunsaver Duo controller. I pop the solar panel on the roof when stopped or strap it to the Thule rack and just run the cable out a rear window. Works great to keep the fridge powered. There is lots of room but not as much room, if you get my drift, in the D3 which I recently purchased. I'm thinking of building a little battery box behind my fridge slide in the back of the D3 and mounting the battery and solar controllers there. If I go the under the hood route, I'd need a different battery because the one I have now is too tall. Would also need to run cables to the solar controllers there too. Also wondered about cutting a space in the lower left side rear panel, seems to be lots of room there, and mounting it in that cavity. It's been too cold in Canada to really play around with there ideas yet.
If anyone has come up with a creative way to mount a battery in the rear of the D3, I'd love to see pictures.

Post #125085210th Mar 2014 6:29 pm
davidedwardmawer

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Bushman 32/45

Hi,

I'm choosing between two fridges available locally, second-hand. Any 'experts' out there willing to share their pearls of wisdom?

there's an interesting Australian Bushman 32/45 fridge available. Here's the spec: http://www.bushman.com.au/bushman-12-volt-fridge-specifications

and a 50l Waeco.

After that it's three times the price for a new Engel MT45.

Any preferences? Thx.
 33370 Fargues Saint Hilaire  
Post #128453215th May 2014 1:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >