Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My new to me D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
SN

Looks great for its age - still can't quite believe it's been 12 years since I got rid of my 55 plate D3 in its all original D3 style
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #221417228th Feb 2021 12:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
itguy

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

dandam wrote:
What a great solution, thanks

Yup!

I have also bought one of these to play with (GSM 2g switch), which with a pay as you go SIM card in it will switch on/off as required by just ringing the car. It then sends you a text to confirm it’s started / stopped etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RTU5024-GSM-Gat...890.l49292

You could of course have both installed to get the best of both worlds also. But I am at risk of over complicating something that just needs to do quite a simple job!!

Post #221418828th Feb 2021 7:56 am
itguy

SN wrote:
Looks great for its age - still can't quite believe it's been 12 years since I got rid of my 55 plate D3 in its all original D3 style

I know, I was thinking the same too having now had it for 3 or 4 weeks. It really does look good still.

Post #221418928th Feb 2021 7:57 am
itguy

A quick update

Trip to famous four in Louth was all fine. Now has new cambelts, aux belt, tensioners, idlers, oil pump of newer type, full service inc fuel filter. Couple of minor additions too, new wheel nuts all round as the others were swollen and also a rear track control arm (plus alignment of course). Brakes all stripped down by them and cleaned, including handbrake shoes etc, so EPB should be ok for a while now without worry.

Noticed on the way home the passenger door mirror heating didn’t seem to be working. Investigated and no power being received at the wires behind the mirror glass. Door card off, cable was loose, now have power. BUT, mirror still doesn’t heat, and I tested the drivers side one which does work ok, on the cabling on the passenger side and that does work. New mirror ordered.

As you will have seen on the other threads, my FBH has been playing up a bit so ended up reflashing the firmware back on to it and (for now) unplugging my w-bus controller. I am still in dialogue with the w-bus controller designer, who is looking in to things. BUT, as we sit here, the FBH works just fine as designed to work by LR, from CAN bus and by the car telling it to switch on when it wants it. I may go down the Webasto 1533 timer controller route as others have.

Oh, and I’ve treated it to a new battery too - Yuasa 5yr warranty one from Halfords. Just over £100 with trade card, works like a charm.

Post #22162239th Mar 2021 7:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >