DISCO4.COM > General

New Disco 3 yesterday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
stuart27

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
New Disco 3 yesterday

Hello Folks

Picked up the new disco yesterday. TDV6 SE in buckingham blue....extras.... Xenons, phone integ, side sills, tow bar, bike rack, privacy glass.

Traded in my Jag s type sport diesel. All I can say is wow!!! I've read the threads about big grins, but was blasting down some country roads last night with the biggest smile on my face. Never had such fun driving a car. Beats the jag hands down. The xenons are great, especially for country roads. Fuel consumption a bit scary ...started at 14mpg!!! but up to 20mpg after about 40 miles and rising! This car is just such a great drive....very stable and just irons out all the bad road surfaces. It feels well built too....none of the squeeks and rattles I had in the jag. Haven't gotten into the manual yet....but that will take time. Can't wait to spend more time diving this weekend.

If anyone is thinking of switching to the disco 3....just do it! Very Happy

Post #452202nd Mar 2006 3:21 pm
SN

Glad you like it!!! Permagrin's creeping back in just thinking about this evening when I get back to mine!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #452252nd Mar 2006 3:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I feel the same 3 months/3500miles on! this is a great car!
good on yer Stuart.
I think I may have to invest in Side steps,Tow ball and bike rack - nothing I can do about the privacy glass though Sad
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #452332nd Mar 2006 3:53 pm
al cope

England 

Isnt it strange, that although we've all had issues of varying degree, and theres some things I would love to be better (my seat, but dont get me started!). I just love driving it. Its just so good at doing so many things, and it always surprises folks that think LR's are agricultural with its speed and poise.

Why oh Why couldn't it be perfect? I'm almost convinced that LR know we're so enthusiastic about them that we'll put up with the problems! It'll back fire on them one day.

Al

Smile
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #452372nd Mar 2006 3:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Good decision!
It's the only vehicle i've ever had that really does everything I expect of it, I never thought i'd spend so much of my life on a website dedicated to a car Rolling Eyes maybe i'm into a second childhood (although some would say I never finished with the first Wink ) but I really do miss driving it during the working bit of the day! Sad and find myself 'just looking' at it sometimes.... yer, I know, sad git Big Cry

Post #452402nd Mar 2006 4:03 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Looking at it

Its the man thing again Wink
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #452412nd Mar 2006 4:08 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

al cope wrote:
Why oh Why couldn't it be perfect? I'm almost convinced that LR know we're so enthusiastic about them that we'll put up with the problems! It'll back fire on them one day.

Al

Smile

I think you hit the nail on the head there!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #452422nd Mar 2006 4:13 pm
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If a car was perfect surely it could be argued that some are more perfect than others? Rolling Eyes
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #452452nd Mar 2006 4:33 pm
SN

...perfect for the price you paid - that allows us lowly S spec owners to have as perfect a car as you HSE big boys!
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #452502nd Mar 2006 5:03 pm
al cope

England 

What are you saying, that the HSE boys paid more for the same quanity of faults. I like your thinking Wink

Alan
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #452512nd Mar 2006 5:13 pm
SN

Very Happy Very Happy - you do get bigger and better faults though - we don't have a sat nav or premium audio system to go wrong! Laughing Wink
Post #452522nd Mar 2006 5:16 pm
Mossy

qzdcg8 wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy - you do get bigger and better faults though - we don't have a sat nav or premium audio system to go wrong! Laughing Wink

S, SE, HSE - Whatever the faults - all part of the Landrover experience! Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #452542nd Mar 2006 5:24 pm
SN

you have to don't remind the rumanian guy on the other thread of that!!!
Post #452552nd Mar 2006 5:28 pm
Mossy

qzdcg8 wrote:
you have to don't remind the rumanian guy on the other thread of that!!!

I saw.....thought I'd hide here
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #452572nd Mar 2006 5:29 pm
Tonyrec

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Andy4467 wrote:
nothing I can do about the privacy glass though Sad

What about aftermarket by your dealer. Apparently they only use 'experts' and fully guarantee the quality.

Post #452982nd Mar 2006 8:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >