DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

New low cost Diagnostic Tool from BBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 45 of 45 <123 ... 434445
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

@ AJAY(UK) Andy

I am of course aware of your requirement and desire to reflash your 2010 FFRR Autobox with a data set that supports the flappy paddles you have retro fitted and that the Beta test version of the software we provided you with to provide this functionality did not work for you for some reason we have yet to figure out.

Electronically all the 2010 CAN BUS vehicles use the same ECU's but sadly because the Autobox ECU is physically built into the Gearbox itself, this is the one ECU we do not have availible on our bench test rig which kinda makes testing in house a bit difficult and sourcing 2010 loan vehicles is also a bit difficult.

However as you will probably have read, I do now own a 2010 RRS myself and of course one of the first things i did was to add Paddle shift to it.
In my case the software in my Autobox already supported paddle shifting, so i really only had to make a simple change to the CCF, however in mind of your experience, i had my chaps reflash my Autobox with the MSV-2 using the software we had supplied you with a number of times in the hope of re creating your problem to give us something to work with.

Fortunately or Unfortunately depending on your perspective, we had no problems at all.

I am still mindfull and to some degree hopefull that perhaps there was some corruption or other error in the Beta release that will be automatically resolved when we release a full general release that includes this, however if not, we are going to have to work a bit harder with you to get this problem sussed.

@wizbongre
We are always mindfull of the need to not only debug things so they work as intended, as well as adding new functions, but also to try and find ways to improve the user experience and make things quicker and simpler. Most would be absolutely astounded by how much though, work and effort goes on behind the scenes in this respect.

@maplecottage
While the last couple of software upgrades for the MSV-2 have added vast amounts of additional functionality, sadly in some respects they have been regarded as disasters with the additions only compounding and highlighting some very core problems like versioning control and causing even some of our die hard followers to have serious doubts about us.

In a hard learned lesson, I realised that I simply could not trust my software developers to check and test their own work and so I specifically employed someone totally new in the specific role of being an end product tester, who has spent well over six months going through absolutely every aspect of the MSV equipment, picking out any error, small or large and getting my development guys to fix it, even if that has sometimes meant going right back to the basics.

Most owners will probably not notice anything especially new on our next upgrade, however the number of fixes and changes made runs into well over a hundred and although this has meant a long delay, i do feel very confident that this next upgrade is a very significant development we can then continue to grow upon with confidence.

Post #12794014th May 2014 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Sorry chaps, Double post

Post #12794034th May 2014 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoff.

England 

colin

with the greatest respect the MSV2 is lagging behind enough said Crying or Very sad

Post #12794274th May 2014 6:43 pm
Ajay(UK)

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi Colin, I'm not sure the problem lies with the beta patch you provided as I am getting the same VSE024 error message when trying to carry out the basic backup. Big Cry

The flappy paddles are really not that important and were really just a "because I can" test for the system but if the next version of the VE software will finally bring the full benefit and capabilities of the MSV-2 including flash upgrading the various ECU's etc. to all 2010+ models including FFRR then maybe the two year wait since I purchased the kit will be worth it! Sadly I fear that the VSE024 error message is a problem that will require more specific and detailed investigation which with BBS's limited resources may result in the blame being put on my specific car Sad

Please prove me wrong Rolling Eyes

Andy.
 2022MY Defender 110 D250 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana with options!
2015 Range Rover 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver, Black Pack
Gone:Disco 4 HSE Luxury, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ivory
Gone:2006 FFRR TD6 Autobiography, Black
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red😢
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2010 FFRR TDV8 Vogue SE, RSE & DVD, Stornoway Grey 

Post #12794384th May 2014 7:09 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Not sure it is relevant but the auto box needs to re flashed at a particular temp range. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12795525th May 2014 1:08 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

double post Embarassed
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12795545th May 2014 1:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 45 of 45 <123 ... 434445
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >