DISCO4.COM > General

New for old...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
New for old...

So, hopefully driving the reliable and honest D2ES to the dealer this week and exchanging it plus a couple of limbs for a shiny new D3 SE, what do you reckon I'm going to miss, that I take for granted in my current 'nicely appointed tractor' ??
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #1957824th Sep 2005 9:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CarlW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Hi,

I did a similar swap last weekend - and to answer your question 'Not much' just two things I've spotted so far:

- Control over your front wipers - the auto rain sensor (which I'm guessing you'll have on the SE) are far too eager, on the intermittent setting they go almost continuously in the lightest rain.

- Seats - those in the D3 are OK but you feel like you're sat on them rather than in them.

Would I go back? - Not a chance!

Carl
 Disco 4 Landmark
Mercedes Benz SLK CDi
BMW 335D Touring
Defender XS SW 2010 - gone
TDV8 2008 RRS - gone
Disco 3 HSE 2005 - gone
BMW R1150GS 

Post #1958224th Sep 2005 10:52 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

We change a D2 for a D3 last year. We missed the luggage nets, the rear seat aircon, the opening rear sun roof, the premium leather seats (we had an ES and changed for an S to reduce the price difference - that was a mistake). What we welcomed was loads more power, a softer ride, a brilliant auto box (the D2 auto had the refinement of a Massey Ferguson and was only just a little quicker !), superb 3 row seats, quick warm up on a cold morning and loads more. I drove our D2 again a few months ago (we sold her to a friend nearby) and I simply could not believe how "old fashioned and clunky" she felt compared to the D3. You are buying a vehicle with a 21st century genetic code (and electronics to go with it) and replacing a vehicle which had a number of components designed in the 1970's. Enjoy ! Laughing
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #1959625th Sep 2005 9:50 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

thanks for your replies Carl and Smarticus, picking it up Thursday, will post on and on and on, (on the experiences) I would imagine! Very Happy
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #2009527th Sep 2005 8:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >