Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

New person here
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Del Boy

United Kingdom 
New person here

Firstly hello everyone, I should be purchasing a 2007 Disco 3 4.4 V8 sometime this week, I have a few questions I want to ask so here goes.

1. 4.4 V8 What sort of MPG will I be expecting (I really don't have a light right foot, so be truthfully honest )

2. What power does the 4.4 V8 (2007 MY) have am I right in thinking it's 295 BHP or 302 BHP?

3. Audio, if it has 2 speakers in the rear doors as opposed to one, this is upgraded audio yes.

4. What is the Sound System like?

5. What should I look out for, I've heard of Air suspension trouble other than this what else?

6. Is the V8 a BMW sourced engine that was in the Range Rover or the 4.4 from Jaguar?

Thanks in advance
 Drives: 2006 '56' BMW 525i SE, Loaded with kit, Front & Rear PDC, Professional Sat-Nav, 6 Disk auto changer, Bi-Xenons, 10 Speaker BMW Business Audio, Chrome Extra's, Mystic Blue paintwork, 17" Alloys (Soon to be 19's), i-Drive, Extended Voice Control, Bluetooth with telematics, loads more.

Should also be getting a 2007 '07' Discovery 4.4 V8 this week. 

Post #6553931st Jun 2010 4:06 pm
POINTYED

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

hi and welcome
one of the most important things to look for is a full service history then the "problem"with the suspension you are asking about would have been sorted then save for the extended warranty then any other problems in the future will be sorted too
thats imho of course
enjoy the site
dunc Thumbs Up
 life is tooooo short.enjoy the moment.dont worry be happy

club BSS 

Post #6554211st Jun 2010 4:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco_steve

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Hi Del Boy,

Firstly welcome to the forum Thumbs Up

In answer to your questions:-

1, You would expect around 14-18mpg, but if driven hard, this could be as low as 10-14mpg Shocked
2, The 4.4 litre V8 has a max output of 220kW (295 BHP) @ 6000rpm
and a max torque of 425 Nm @ 4000rpm

3, It depends on which variant SE and HSE would have the full audio fit of 14 speakers, and Logic 7, lower spec models have a more basic system (single CD, less speakers etc)

4, SE and HSE models - nothing short of SUPERB :thumbsup

5, Where do I start - common issues are EPB (electronic barke brake) Front/Rear suspension bushes, EGR (exhaust gas recirculate valves, electronic systems etc etc, genrally the suspension is ok, the gearboxes are prone to judder if auto, and clutch issues for the manual)

6, As far as I'm aware it's the Jaguar AJ-V8 unit which is also used by Ford in the Lincoln LS and Thunderbird

I have the 2.7 TDV6 HSE, so I have all the bells and whistles, the engine/auto gearbox is superb, and I get an average of around 28mpg, although I do a lot of M way cruising, and tend to stick to 75-80mph

Off road it is very good, I had a D2 before, and the D3 would walk all over it (in my opinion)

I have had mine since last Sept and have covered over 30k, and had my fair share of faults, but mostly the EPB and EGRs (both or which have been replaced under warranty 8)

Hopefully this helps Thumbs Up
 Never get mad - get even !!

06 D3 now gone to family member and still going strong at 265k

previous vehicles:
04 D2 TD5 - (clocked 189k from new)
52 X-Trail 2.2 SVE
various euro boxes ! 

Post #6554331st Jun 2010 5:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chrisc

England 

Bonjour'no delboy

Post #6554411st Jun 2010 5:47 pm
SGH

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Montalcino RedDiscovery 4

Luverly jubly Thumbs Up
 Defender 300Tdi 110 HCP - Keswick Green
Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE LUX - Montalcino Red/Black Pack - Gone
Connect L2 Double Cab - Moondust Silver
Connect L1 - Moondust Silver
VW California Ocean 150PS DSG - Reflex Silver 

Post #6554421st Jun 2010 5:50 pm
Del Boy

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies people Smile

Shame it's not the BMW V8 I have a good knowledge of that. How do you determine which stereo system it's got? I've only seen pictures of the car, will be viewing and hopefully collecting this week if everything is ok with the car. I know it's got 2 speakers in the front doors, 2 in each rear door, these are only the visable ones I might add.

If this car isn't as good as it looks and as good as it seems, I shall still be looking for a Disco 3 as I'm currently driving around in my BMW which isn't pleasing the mrs as I bought it for her so, what other models should I look out for I know I want air suspension and a cracking stereo Thumbs Up
 Drives: 2006 '56' BMW 525i SE, Loaded with kit, Front & Rear PDC, Professional Sat-Nav, 6 Disk auto changer, Bi-Xenons, 10 Speaker BMW Business Audio, Chrome Extra's, Mystic Blue paintwork, 17" Alloys (Soon to be 19's), i-Drive, Extended Voice Control, Bluetooth with telematics, loads more.

Should also be getting a 2007 '07' Discovery 4.4 V8 this week. 

Post #6554551st Jun 2010 6:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >