DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

My New toy & ultra mega Grin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
My New toy & ultra mega Grin

Guys Guys Guys, Knowing only too well how so many of us share the same love of gadgets and technology, i just had to share this with you.

Almost my entire post count has been written on my trusty old 17" widescreen Tosh Sattelite laptop, i have owned for over 2 years now, during which it has given me sterling service, It has a few pixels out these days, had a new HDD when the last one got a shock, has been re painted and is now covered in a lovely corporate wrap i made for it, a bit faded on the corners but, I do love the old girl.
However, tonight it has had to take second place to something i am sure you will agree, even from the stats alone is really quite stunning.

For reasons that will become quite obvious, my eye and heart was instantly drawn to this machine when i chanced across one of its family in a shop while looking for a DHL destroyed replacement for a client.

The price tag was of course well out of reach for me as as anyone who also has a long list of commitments that are always going to take precident over such self satisfying indulgence will understand only too well and i tryed to forget it.

However they say that good things come to those that least expect it and today the door rang and stood there when i answered was my good mate of 20 plus years, i won't go into detail but he owns an island wide vehicle franchise (Not LR but close) and over the last few months i have been helping him out technically with quite a few problems that were nothing to me but saved him shed loads of money and grief.

I never asked or expected anything because thats not how you treat friends and not how you do business here and to me it was no more or less thatn what he would have done for me, but under his arm was a box he presented to me as a gift, which of course contained nothing less than this amazing laptop. I cannot express how humbled and appreciative i was and still am. Many who know me may never imagine me speachless, but i promise you i was.

Before you click on the link and check out the picture, please know that the picture alone makes it look just like any regular laptop, however if you read the stats and see that the screen is actually a massive 18.4 inches, it makes you realise just what an awesome bit of kit it really is in the hand, well hands really, its that big.

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4791

You get the Laptop configured how you want and mine has a 2.8 GHZ dual core CPU with upgrade to Quad core possible later, not one but two 320 GB sata HDD's, 8GB of Ram, Blue Ray re wrirter drive, Full High Def display, remote, DVB tuner and all the other standard stuff.

You can hopefully appreciate just what kind of Mega Grin i have just now and of course as soon as i set up my wi fi networking, i thought to write in here and share my sheer grin and joy with you all on it.

But thats plenty enough of stroking the keys for now, now i am off to stroke some of its other bits.
I wonder if the missus will mind if i take it to bed with me tonight.

Oh yea i might be posting a bit more often for a while too Rolling with laughter

Post #5048977th Aug 2009 7:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

Q the 'should have bought a Macbook' brigade.

Very nice bit of kit Thumbs Up I need to think about changing my steam driven laptop soon.

Post #5049067th Aug 2009 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

BBS SPY, youre doin some great stuff,

but pleaaaaase can you keep your posts a little bit shorter.

I have a very short attention span.......
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #5049317th Aug 2009 9:00 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

me too!! or too much vino!! Whistle Whistle

Post #5049337th Aug 2009 9:01 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Definately not a contender for the Less is More award Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #5049347th Aug 2009 9:02 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Will read when sober, honest! Mr. Green

Post #5049437th Aug 2009 9:20 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Awww guys sorry if i dragged on a bit, this keyboard is sooooooo niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i wish i could promise shorter posts in future but in all honesty i can't see that happening any time soon,

but please feel free to moan, it looks soooooo gooood in 18.4 inches of High def.

Not making any freinds here i guess Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #5049457th Aug 2009 9:29 pm
SJR

BBS SPY wrote:

Not making any freinds here i guess Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

It might be a very good computer, but your forgot to turn the spellchecker on Mr. Green Mr. Green Laughing
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #5049487th Aug 2009 9:32 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Hsdnt notised sny snellinh histaks. honesht!!! Whistle Whistle

Post #5049547th Aug 2009 9:41 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

in all fairnesh my tosh used to mishspell words after the second bottle tooo
i figure it must be a virues Rolling with laughter

Post #5049647th Aug 2009 10:03 pm
SJR

Laughing Thumbs Up
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #5049657th Aug 2009 10:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >