Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

New Wheels and New Windscreen.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
yawlboy

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3
New Wheels and New Windscreen.

Finally fitted my ebay 19inch HSE alloys with MTR's yesterday. Looks great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Then decided to put car through a car wash - came out the other side and noticed an 18inch crack up the windscreen Sad from the bottom right of the screen up behind the instrument panel.

there is a tiny chip near the edge of the windscreen and it must have just ran when the car was being washed. Still thanks to AXA and Autoglass I am having a new screen fitted on Tuesday, free of charge.

Apparently my non-heated screen with light and wiper sensors is not on the system took a few minutes to convince them that I did actually have the sensors.
 1993 Defender 110 300tdi - many mods  
Post #18031420th Jul 2007 10:58 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Autoglass .............. hisssssssss Smile

Nice one Yawlboy.My windscreen a few months back got a nice whack courtesy of stone falling off an approaching 8 wheeler.Insurer wanted me to use Autoglass also but I insisted I wanted a genuine LR replacement.They gave in easily enough but the thing is I should have said it was heated.I didn't realise this was possible until a work colleague had one fitted ( he didnt ask as he didnt know) and he found out one frosty morning that it worked.I only found this out from him after I had mine done Big Cry

Glad to see you have some new shoes Thumbs Up

Post #18032720th Jul 2007 11:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
yawlboy

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

damnit - should have had a heated one fitted then Sad

still it will be a genuine LR one as they had to order it from LR in Dublin.
 1993 Defender 110 300tdi - many mods  
Post #18040321st Jul 2007 3:04 pm
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Make sure they replace all the clips on the windscreen trims or they'll end up falling off when you're on the motorway. Autoglass tend to bodge this part of things. They used silicon to try and hold on the pieces of trim on my old disco. When I get the screen replaced in my D3 which will be very shortly, I'm going to go to the independent place recommended by the local LR dealer, as they're supposed to do it properly, and can still claim from the insurnace exactly the same as Autoglass. Smile

You'd need the ATC unit with the heated windscreen switch at least to switch it on, though you could of course just wire up a switch yourself with a relay and fuse to turn it on and off.
It was a lot easier on the D2 - I just had to buy a switch and relay, and then use rovacom to enable the switch on it.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #18040621st Jul 2007 3:13 pm
Maverick

Scotland 

Thats why I my dad never uses car washes, they can sometimes scrach your beast too Big Cry
 Ben

1996 Defender 90 300 TDi 

Post #18825612th Aug 2007 12:47 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

bkehoe wrote:
It was a lot easier on the D2 - I just had to buy a switch and relay, and then use rovacom to enable the switch on it.

I did that on my D2, had a bad crack in it & when Autoglass bod asked "heated or non heated" got the heated one fitted for free. One switch & relay later & was defrosting like a toaster! Stealer switched the system on then didn't charge. Thumbs Up

Post #18827312th Aug 2007 8:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >