Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

New XS on Order - query re Arabica vs. Nutmeg
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
beedj

United Kingdom 
New XS on Order - query re Arabica vs. Nutmeg

Hi all, new D4 owner-in-waiting here ...... I've just received confirmation today that my build date is 4th Nov with a delivery date to dealers of 23rd Nov, so after what seems like a long long wait since placing order I finally have a date to look forward to!!

Just by way of intro - I've driven a Q7 for the last 3 years - difficult to fault as a daily driver; though wasn't great in the snow and it's been in dealers far too many times for warranty jobs.

I have chosen Sumatra black with Almond interior, but am unsure whether to combine this with Arabica or Nutmeg. I know it's personal choice but is there a generally recognised 'best option' here ??

I am leaning towards the Almond/Arabica combo, which the LR website configurator shows as toning down the interior a little with a darker dash and door tops - though my dealer told me today that it's only the dash top that is darker compared to Nutmeg option - I've asked them to check

Comments/thoughts (or relevant pics) welcome!

Thanks

Post #8231264th Aug 2011 9:18 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

After agonising for ages over colours, I chose Black with Almond/Arabica, and I'm pleased with it. The dash top and the door cappings are in Arabica, which I think works well in toning down the rather light interior. If you choose Almond/Nutmeg, then just the dash top is Nutmeg, and everything else is Almond, including the door cappings, which to my mind is less attractive and less practical.

Pictures in my gallery.

Good luck with your decision.

Ray

Post #8231514th Aug 2011 9:48 pm
SazzaG

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto BournvilleDiscovery 4

Agree with that. We were recommended to go for arabica with almond to prevent glare from the dash. Very pleased with it, and the dark colour is best for the tops of the doors if you like putting your elbow there! Our exterior colour is bourneville, which goes very nicely with the (food-themed) interior!

Post #82516712th Aug 2011 1:12 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

I chose the almond/nutmeg option, the dealer did say that he thought the arabica would heave been the best choice, however when the car turned up he changed his mind as he said it looked superb. Most people do take the arabica option however I am not sorry I chose the nutmeg as I do belive it is the better of the two. I did not like the arabica option on the tops of the doors just did not look right to me, the nutmeg dash is superb and I can honestly say that I have had no reflection from the dash whatsoever and we have had a lot of sun Shocked around here lately.

Post #82516912th Aug 2011 1:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

cheers Woody - glad you like the almond/nutmeg as I'm probably now too late to change my choice of the same combo !

Roll on delivery......

P

Post #82533912th Aug 2011 9:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >