DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Newbie - Just some clarification
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ian l

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Newbie - Just some clarification

Hi all - Newbie owner of a 07 HSE

I have done my best to read all the advice and solutions on this site and just want to check I am going down the right path. Forgive me for expanding abreviations but I know that as a newbie I had to look them up Very Happy ) - also mention BAS as they seem to be favorite on here but want to help others as oppose to just ring them.

Had a 07 HSE TDV6 for about 2 months now - 67k on clock - just looking for the latest advice on the following:

Presume it is a EuroIV engine - how do I check?

Not sure what to do about EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) - fully understand the concept, why they fail and that BAS seems to be the expert at solving these problems but not sure if I can blank, remove etc . Not an issue at moment but want to know my options.

I have a FBH (Fuel Burning Heater) - still not sure if it is for me (keep me warm) or for the engine? It has kicked in once - smoke from under the radiator was worrying. Do I need to look out for anything with it?

Re-mapping? Back to BAS... My other car is an XJR Jag - not expecting that sort of performance but feel the Disco could be more responsive - and would like better MPG. Do not want to "fool" the system - presume BAS have a solution to this? will I get better economy - currently getting 25mpg with VPower.

Now the one I have not seen on the forum - last week I pulled off after 6 hours parked - EPB (Electric Park Brake?) - was applied but I released it before pulling off. Moved about a foot and rear left nearside wheel seemed to lock up - pulled right down on suspension. Reversed back a foot - all fine; pulled away again - same happened - operated suspension. EPB a few time - pulled away - no problem. Same happened a few days later - driving in town - same wheel grabbed again. Any Ideas???

Sorry this is a long post but any help gratefully received. Thanks

Post #65353426th May 2010 9:07 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Newbie - Just some clarification

ian l wrote:
Hi all - Newbie owner of a 07 HSE

I have done my best to read all the advice and solutions on this site and just want to check I am going down the right path. Forgive me for expanding abreviations but I know that as a newbie I had to look them up Very Happy ) - also mention BAS as they seem to be favorite on here but want to help others as oppose to just ring them.

Had a 07 HSE TDV6 for about 2 months now - 67k on clock - just looking for the latest advice on the following:

Presume it is a EuroIV engine - how do I check?age of vehicle, i think you are correct

Not sure what to do about EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) - fully understand the concept, why they fail and that BAS seems to be the expert at solving these problems but not sure if I can blank, remove etc . Not an issue at moment but want to know my options.being a MY07, dont think the blanking is cracked yet

I have a FBH (Fuel Burning Heater) - still not sure if it is for me (keep me warm) or for the engine? It has kicked in once - smoke from under the radiator was worrying. Do I need to look out for anything with it?once the outside temp reaches 4 degrees and under, the FBH kicks in to preheat and help heat the coolant

Re-mapping? Back to BAS... My other car is an XJR Jag - not expecting that sort of performance but feel the Disco could be more responsive - and would like better MPG. Do not want to "fool" the system - presume BAS have a solution to this? will I get better economy - currently getting 25mpg with VPower[any site sponser can give you more responsiveness, and probable economy, depends how you drive...tunes/remaps tend to change your driving style

Now the one I have not seen on the forum - last week I pulled off after 6 hours parked - EPB (Electric Park Brake?) - was applied but I released it before pulling off. Moved about a foot and rear left nearside wheel seemed to lock up - pulled right down on suspension. Reversed back a foot - all fine; pulled away again - same happened - operated suspension. EPB a few time - pulled away - no problem. Same happened a few days later - driving in town - same wheel grabbed again. Any Ideas???could be a slow EPB Module ( I had this), or basically the EPB shoes are sticking to the disc after driving in the wet

Sorry this is a long post but any help gratefully received. Thanks

Post #65359426th May 2010 10:46 pm
ian l

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Thanks for the info - just a couple of points if anybody can help

EGR - can I just block it and leave the valve etc in place so it "thinks" it is working?

EPB - the thing that worries me is that it could be a slow module but the second time it happened I had been driving for about 3 mins when it "grabbed" - I presume auto hill decent puts breaks on - so there is a system to apply the breaks - could this be faulty?

Any thoughts gratefully received - thanks

Post #65433828th May 2010 5:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >