Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

my newish disco
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kaney

my newish disco

I 'm going picking a newish disco up today for work and play she's (as always) a 1994 L reg red 3 door commercial she's naked inrespect to toys and needs help in what to wear all sugestions helpfull but she's not got a lot of money her buget is £1'000 for now sne's also wondering have you anything you want to sell that might fit her as shes not fashion contious as she leave's that to her big sister D3.
SORRY GUY'S CAN YOU PUT MY PIC'S ON I'M IN THE GALLERY 4 PIC'S Embarassed I PROMISE TO TRY LATER WHEN I'M HOME Thumbs Up

Post #265347th Nov 2005 8:28 am
BN

England 

OOhhhh its postman Pat with 4x4

Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #265387th Nov 2005 9:26 am
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Kaney, if you are going to want to explore the disco's full abilities, I suggest you spend your £1,000 on the folllowing :

4 new tyres - suggest a trac edge pattern or possibly an all terrain. Colway do some decent remoulds in these patterns at about 40% of the price of a new branded tyre. Will cost about £240.

Buy a snorkel - makes the Disco look really good, but can be expensive so see if you can track down a second hand one. Look at 4x4 club sites or Land Rover magazine sites. Cost second hand about £75, new about £200.

Fit seat covers and load space protector - makes the inside look like new and well worth while if going off road.

Fit jate rings on front and back (unless you already have a tow hitch on the back) and get a second hand steering guard.

Put on new springs and shocks. This will take up the rest of your budget but will actually make the biggest difference to the way she looks and handles. It is easy to forget how these parts wear out over a 10 year life and changing them makes the vehicle feel, look and behave young again. If you want to make a real statement (and be more effective off road) go for a "raised system" either plus 1 inch or even plus 2 inches. It really suits the vehicle.

Then start saving up again, cos once you have done that lot you will almost inevitably want to go further and winches, rock sliders, CB radios, GPS and intercoolers are all a bit dear .......

Out of interest, is it a 200tdi or a 300tdi ? The last month of the L reg's was the change over date.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #265397th Nov 2005 9:26 am
kaney

Thanks for all that, it's a 200tdi and at the moment E-bay is my 2nd fav web site Very Happy

Post #265657th Nov 2005 11:49 am
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

The change over from 200tdi or a 300tdi actually occured in April 1994 when model year 95 began.

From the outside the major difference is the front grill with larger (more efficient) headlights and indicators.

As it is an easy task to replace the grill and headlights/indicators and numerous vehicles have been modified in this way. So perhaps this is something you should consider if you can get the parts cheap enough.

Post #265847th Nov 2005 1:52 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Kaney, just had a look in your gallery and that Disco looks really good (most commercials I have seen have had a harder paper round than that one). By the way, your gallery shows a Disco 3 wearing new tyres in what appears to be an all terrain pattern. Can you tell me more about what they are, how they drive, what they cost, where from etc as we need to replace our tyres and I am looking for something a bit better in winter conditions than the standard wrangler.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #265937th Nov 2005 2:55 pm
kaney

thank's for all the advice, a safari roof rack on and i am debating what colour to do her in as the paint work is spot on but it's like tomato ketchup and a cheep one at that the r rack came with spots all for £250 i will up date you on her after the respray at the moment it's black or silver can't make up my mind and i've only till monday. I have to have it signwritten so blackwith silver signs and an orange D3 logo on (or maybee 2). the tyres are genneral grabber AT2'S and were £498 fitted & balanced they drive well on or off road and are very quiet as well of going to speeds of 130 mph there on the D3 of course.

Post #267978th Nov 2005 5:11 pm
kaney

just got a 2" ironman lift kit with cones, safari snorkel, diff steering, axle guards, & chequer plate all round & inner rear door, getting exited just wish i could afford to do this to D3, AND AN EMPTY POCKET.booked re spray for monday Very Happy

Post #2754811th Nov 2005 6:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >