Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Members Helping Members

NHS doctors surgery no masks
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

If anyone is choosing to be personally very generous and buy masks for any NHS place ... be aware they will be taken from where you give to place of greatest perceived need. So if you're after making someone/somewhere close/dear to you safer, just give 1/2 box at a time.

Selfish ? I'd say not. If YOU give stuff, it's stuff their bigger supply chain messed up on.

Post #21342332nd Apr 2020 7:45 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Washwipe wrote:
I think it’s every country for themselves, guy next to us at work, his supplier had a container load bought and paid for, they were last seen travelling across Belgium, two weeks ago, the Belgian authorities got wind of them and impounded the container, I’ve seen reports of two two trucks heading across France bound for the UK, again French authorities got wind of them and commandeered both trucks, similar story of a consignment travelling Germany heading for Austria.
The EU have been strangely silent in all this.

Hmm can be, but also can be fake news... keep that at least in mind Wink
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21342852nd Apr 2020 9:56 pm
Washwipe

England 

The Belgian one is already in the hands of the insurance company.

Post #21342912nd Apr 2020 10:37 pm
Dazz360

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: NHS doctors surgery no masks

Russell wrote:
Hi all
Am after a favour.
My wife works in a doctors surgery in Hythe Kent which is currently trying to stay open. However despite what the government are saying and what is in the press they cannot get masks.
They are down to their last few and may have to shut or work without masks if they can’t get any.

Does anyone have any contacts or know any suppliers who have some that they can buy please.
If you do please let me know and I can supply the practice managers email address via PM

Thanks in advance

Hi I spoke with arco the other day and they said they have a re supply of ppe mask on the 7 April and only supplying essential workers the priority so you could try them and ask the question
Look on the net for Arco health and safety they are local to me but I believe are a national company

https://www.arco.co.uk/index
 Metal auto sump & fluid change (3 hrs)
LR door puddle projectors (10 mins)
Tinted Bonnet wind deflector (10 mins)
All Intercooler pipes and Tbolts (2hrs)
3 injectors replaced so far (30mins)
Sunroof drain pipes both sides 2.5 hrs)
Rear discs, shoes,pads,callipers,flexi hoses, rigid brake line, n/s upper hub carrier bush and rear n/s upper arm (13hrs over 2 days) 

Post #21342922nd Apr 2020 10:40 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Thanks all rally appreciated.

The doctors surgery is willing to buy the masks, they are not asking for them to be donated although that would be nice.
They are currently trying to stay open to help all the patients on their books as many doctors locally have shut up shop but not sure how long they will continue for if they do not get any supplies.
They have tried loads of places but all say that as they were not an existing customer they cannot help instead they want to look after their customers.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #21343013rd Apr 2020 12:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

In the briefing yesterday they said there was a contact number regarding emergency ppe supplies it seemed to be an NHS department.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #21343083rd Apr 2020 5:36 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Did anyone see this and get the number
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #21345693rd Apr 2020 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:

What goes around comes around, the French had a load of PPE gazzumped on the runway in China by our friends across The Pond. Whistle

Now the CiC of the US if you want to approach him you must have a covid 19 test first.

Now 3M are an American company with plants in the US and abroad. What has the Trump done? Ordered that 3M in the US not to export any masks including to their neighbouring countries. Canada apparently does not make masks.

Quote:

A major US mask manufacturer, 3M, says the government has asked it to stop exporting US-made N95 respirator masks to Canada and Latin America.

The request had "significant humanitarian implications", it warned, and could prompt other countries to act in kind.

On Thursday, the US invoked the Korean War-era Defence Production Act to demand that 3M provide more masks.

Canada's prime minister said stopping 3M's exports would be a "mistake".

President Donald Trump said he had used the Defence Production Act to "hit 3M hard", without providing additional details. The law dates back to 1950 and allows a president to force companies to make products for national defence.

In a statement on Friday, 3M said the government had invoked the act "to require 3M to prioritise orders from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) for our N95 respirators", and had also requested that 3M import more respirators made in its overseas factories into the US. It said it supported both moves.

However, 3M added that the government also requested that it stop exporting respirators made in the US to Canada and Latin America.

"There are significant humanitarian implications of ceasing respirator supplies to healthcare workers in Canada and Latin America, where we are a critical supplier of respirators," it said.

3M added that such a move "would likely cause other countries to retaliate and do the same", which would lead to the overall number of respirators being made available to the US decreasing.

The company says it manufactures about 100 million N95 masks per month - about a third are made in the US, and the rest produced overseas.

The Trump administration has not provided details on its communications with 3M. On Thursday night, Mr Trump tweeted: "We hit 3M hard today after seeing what they were doing with their masks... Big surprise to many in government as to what they were doing - will have a big price to pay!"

Meanwhile, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said on Thursday: "We've had issues making sure that all of the production that 3M does around the world, enough of it is coming back here."

So what is the Trump saying? America first and Censored the rest of the world. If you are an American owned facility in another country your first priority is the US.

Dare I say typical bully boy tactics?

Brendan

Post #21346013rd Apr 2020 9:33 pm
Pelyma

England 

Does that surprise you?

Post #21346414th Apr 2020 6:20 am
Pelyma

England 

Russell, there is an article here https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.glouces...997811.amp that talks about a GP in Cinderford in the same situation a few days ago, they have put their number in the article would it be worth seeing if they had success?

Post #21346454th Apr 2020 6:32 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Rescue01 wrote:
I think you need FFP3 Masks not two!

that is depending on the type of medical work you have to do i think?... as far as i know, both FFP2 and FFP3 are in use here... atleast FFP2 also for NON IC use

BUT... since i did not recieve ANY reaction on my offer, i believe the problem is solved..

despite some stories here, we DO recieve these masks if needed, within 3 or 4 working day's. nobody like customs or what so ever interferes in The Netherlands (until now...)
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21346714th Apr 2020 8:43 am
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
Does that surprise you?

Not really since the US has a president suffering from the vicious Iamthickaspigshitselfishgreedyracistbullyboy virus.

Brendan

Post #21347884th Apr 2020 1:36 pm
Pelyma

England 

Nor anyone else Laughing

Post #21347984th Apr 2020 1:59 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies, we have followed through on all and so far they have still not been able to get any Big Cry Big Cry
D4 camera club 

Post #21356457th Apr 2020 8:59 am
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

https://www.ukmeds.co.uk/hygiene-face-mask-ffp2-n95

This any good? Work just ordered some from here. Not sure if they have been delivered yet though, but order has been processed.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #21356657th Apr 2020 10:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >