Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Nitto Terra Grappler Fittment and Review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Nomad

Nitto Terra Grappler Fittment and Review

I just wanted to extend my experience with the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Here is a link to the forum where i posted pictures and explanations.

http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/inde...1123744643

Cheers,
Nomad

Post #1128112th Aug 2005 12:52 am
BN

England 

Nomad, one point to bear in mind is that the spare wheel forms part of the safety crash system, so it should be fully inflated to protect the rear.

Post #1128312th Aug 2005 7:14 am
ducati

I find it hard to believe the spare is actually part of the "crash protection" of the vehicle. Climb under there and tell me how it's going to help... I've had mine in and out multiple times, and I think whoever at LR said this was talking out his wazoo.

Nice writeup on tire selection. I have been waffling back and forth on what to do--out here in the East, I really need a mud tire... But I might have to settle for those Nittos. Glad to hear they've worked out well so far. My Goodyears have 9k miles on them now and they're nearing mud tire loud... GRR.

As for warranty issues: I had oversized tires (245/75/16) on my '03 Disco 2 and LR replaced the transfer case under warranty. They didn't complain a bit about the slightly oversized tires. But one of the reasons I've been waffling on tire selection is this issue: I just wouldn't want a denied warranty due to oversized tires, as my guess is the Disco 3 parts aren't cheap... And since the vehicles are an unknown right now, it's really a tossup as to if they are strong enough to run such tires...

Dunno. Keep us posted on what you think after 5-10k miles.
 '05 LR3 HSE

Departed: '62 Series IIA, '02 Freelander, '03 Disco 

Post #1235716th Aug 2005 6:22 pm
BN

England 

Ducati, don't forget tyres in the USA are different sometimes to Europe as far as rating goes. This also goes for compound and strength. Often if driving is known to be long fast and furious, soft compound tyres are not used, but it can be visa versa, depending on the government regs.

USA with the variety of temperatures and roads, they may opt for softer compounds, hence the lower mileage.

Post #1238016th Aug 2005 7:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >