Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

No problems yet whatsoever
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ymcgminer

System Faults

My Disco TDV6 SE Auto is back at the supplying Dealer again after having covered 8500 miles since collection on 08/12/2004. The electronic park brake failed on 06/03/2005. It failed ON!! and the Disco would not move at all. LR Assistance did a manual release and the car was recovered to the main dealer. Main wiring loom under the car corroded! Further investigation revealed corrosion at the front of the car in the same loom. The fix was a complete new wiring loom which took two weeks to be sent from LandRover. While the car was at the dealer it was subject of the recall for the tow bar wiring fix, which was done. Then the engine management warning light came on (while still at the dealers) and this fault was traced to the electronically controlled wastegate on the turbocharger. Result....a new turbo had to be fitted. The dealer by the way is absoloutly first class and are 100% behind me because I have rejected the car and they are providing a brand new replacement Disco. I can't fault that. The car is back with the dealer again because of a fault which occured when the ignition was turned off. The hazard warning lights came on and the central locking was being switched on and off in time with the hazaed warning lights while at the same time the heater blower was pulsing in time with the hazaed warning lights as was the Sat-Nav screen light!!!
When the dealer checked for faults stored there were 69!
I have the same problem with the rear park distance control not working and no matter how slowly I select reverse sometimes it just will not work. I also have a problem with the dipping door mirror when in reverse on the passenger side of the car. It dips in reverse but then will stay dipped in drive. Then it begins to dip when in drive and move up to the normal position in reverse. Pushing the memory seat button seems to correct it for a while. I have had a new driver seat memory ECU fitted. No effect!
I love the car though and I am confident that the new one will be much improved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TDV6 SE Automatic
reg. 08/12/2004
8,500 miles

Post #375425th May 2005 6:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

There seems to be a pattern that the early build cars (late 2004) have most of the problems. High time that LR lived up to its responsibilities and voluntarily gave a free inspection of all those vehicles & remedied all problems. Seems that those who report no rel problems have the later build vehicles - perhaps the moral of the story is never to by a "new" model! Wink

Post #375625th May 2005 7:52 pm
gasdoc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
You need an exorcist

ymcgminer
it sounds as though your rejected disco is posessed by demons rather than gremlins. Perhaps a priest would be more successful than mere mechanics?

Post #375725th May 2005 7:54 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

At least we so far seem to have had no mechanical failures yet ???

My glitches have gone since SW update and I am even more in love with the car now the engine is pulling better and better (actually feels fast now) and I am still constantly impressed with the handling and short stopping distance.

People I take in the car can feel the torque and comment on the noise 'what engine is this ? It sounds very powerful'

Love it !

PS LR can I know have my V8 and free petrol Wink

Post #376025th May 2005 8:15 pm
ducati

3000 miles and only one real issue: our (non-lockable) fuel door broke and won't latch. Need to get a new mechanism fitted. For now a little scotch tape is good enough Laughing

I have had a few niggles: 1 suspension fault (cured by reboot), wipers don't wipe after spraying about 80% of the time, and the aircon sometimes takes a few minutes to come on. Also, I had vibration in the rear once that cured itself after I stopped to check if I had a flat (rebooted the car--maybe the parking brake?).

So far nothing big. Week 1 2005 build. Fingers crossed!!
 '05 LR3 HSE

Departed: '62 Series IIA, '02 Freelander, '03 Disco 

Post #376225th May 2005 9:14 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

14,000 miles on a car that I collected in early November 2004 (how do you know when it was built ?) and the only problem I have had was a few start up errors in cold weather that simply needed a restart to fix. The engine is getting better and better and I simply love what this vehicle does. Going to miss her badly when she is handed to the wife in exchange for a RRS.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #376425th May 2005 9:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >