Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Odd suspension heights - D4 Commercial
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
Odd suspension heights - D4 Commercial

Any thoughts?

I have a D4 Commercial with around 12,000 miles on it (just over 4 months old...) with a slightly weird problem.

The off-side rear suspension appears to be consistently 2-2.5cm higher than the others - I have measured at the point where the rear door wheel arch trim meets the rear quarter panel trim.

I noticed this last night on the Mother-in-Law's slightly sloping drive so have been out for a drive around and found a flat surface - have tried in normal, raised and access mode and there is at least 20mm difference in each mode.

Dealer is suggesting that I ring LRA but I may well get the vehicle home so that I can wait for them at leisure.

Anyone got any pointers on this one?

Thanks
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #81777116th Jul 2011 11:44 am
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

simple fix, take him in to dealer to have the air suspension recalibrated, take around 30 mins max.

BTW might wish to have the steering sensors recalibrated as the same time.

Will be under warranty and whilst plugged in they might find a knackered height sensor although more than likely not on a new D4.

When the vehicle is transported from the factory the suspension is set to "transit mode" which is then re-calibrated when its PDI'd, so just needs to be re-set. Thumbs Up

Your AA/LRA man only has a laptop so will have limited access to software / fault codes but you're LRA man will be able to give yer a peice of paper saying what the possible fault would be, then you'll get a free hire car from enterprise rental on monday if yer dealer cant fit yer in straight away. Thumbs Up

Post #81790716th Jul 2011 9:01 pm
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I'm sure that transportation mode does not require suspension recalibration. It will have the vehicle at normal height when the engine is running.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #81794117th Jul 2011 4:26 am
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Update...

Turns out I had a poorly 'airbag' on the offside rear which was overinflating (so have to assume that they have an integral pressure switch...).

All now replaced under warranty by Marshalls of Bedford and happy again...

D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #81952421st Jul 2011 8:29 pm
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

No pressure sensor on the airbag, only the height sensor mounted between the chassis and suspension.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #81955021st Jul 2011 9:19 pm
LiftedDisco

...did rather wonder but am caught in the hell that is a receptionist who simply tells you what she has been told but doesn't actually know the story behind the fabrication...

Being warranty work, I don't have any sort of invoice or list of parts to review and, to be frank, am just rather grateful that I have a committed dealer who does attend to such queries.

Hartwells on the other hand... well, you could probably present them with a burnt out shell, saying, "There appears to be a short on the wiring..." and their response would be - we can't find a fault code so it must be OK... run along now...

Post #81987122nd Jul 2011 8:51 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

So true Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #81987322nd Jul 2011 9:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >