Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Europe

Ok...So i really have a problem!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
slax

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Ok...So i really have a problem!

In first off all sorry about my english Very Happy ...Whell for some time my father has some problemes with his Disco 3 TDV6 SE model.The problem is that the rear sensors are not working.The front sensors are ok but in the back he`s a little blind!.Also the white reverse lights do not work at all :-s that can be a little anoying!The 3 rd problem is when he is changing the gear the computer takes about 3-4 minutes to process the information in what gear he is so that he can see it on the littel screen in the dashbord! Big Cry

So after a while he decided to go to Land Rover here in Brussels.When he got there he made a electronic test or smth like that!The good guy`s from Land Rover told him thata the problem with the rear sensors and the late geear showing when u shift are all realated..The problem is some kind of "modul" that is located on the gear box Question And the cost is really not that cheap something like 2000 €.I mean isn`t this a little high?!They told him that the car needs to stay smth like 2 days in service at Land Rover (16hours).So he ask`s if is this really possible?!I mean, that they have to take down the gear box so they can replace the "modul" Question (Me i think tIf u have any ideeas?!I mean all can be welcomed..even if u have some knd of ideeas where he can go.They also gave him a serial or smth ( Capteur XY -> TXM 500040 )

Really hope u can comme back to me with ideeas about what can he really do,and if it`s really true what they`r saying Land Rover!

Best wishes and reagards, Johnny! Thumbs Up
 "Imagination is more important than knowledge." by Albert Einstein  
Post #42440618th Feb 2009 8:19 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Have a read here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic113.htm...alibration

See if you can re-calibrate it yourself
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #42441118th Feb 2009 8:24 pm
slax

Whell he told me that he already did this...i mean changing the gears and like that, but he told me that it didn`t have any effect Big Cry
Post #42442618th Feb 2009 8:44 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

sounds like the dealer is correct, the XY sensor needs replacing although 16 hours sounds a little too long, should be possible in less than half that time...

Post #42452818th Feb 2009 10:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
slax

Acha....that`s why even for me 16 h was alittel to mutch!But think i will try at another land rover company maybe the time will be a little less!And also the price:)..I mean how mutch dose an XY sensor cost?!And what is it exactly?!10forcash thnak`s very mutch Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down
Post #42522619th Feb 2009 10:17 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The XY sensor is an electromagnetic sensor that detects which gear is selected on a manual gearbox, The sensor (TXM500040) is around £106+vat @15%
as you've found out, it does a lot more than just display the selected gear on the dash!

Post #42529119th Feb 2009 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >