Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

PANDORAS BOX OF AIR SUSPENSION... HELP!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
still11

PANDORAS BOX OF AIR SUSPENSION... HELP!!!

After several weeks of coming out of my house in the morning and seeing the front end of my truck much lower than the back I decided to buy the valve block rebuild kit. I did pull the fuses as well and saw the front end drop substantially.

Pulled the block replaced all the O rings and cleaned it all up really well. Reinstalled the truck and everything seemed to be working just fine... until this morning when I went out to see the front end in the dirt again. I did go back into the front wheel housing to check for leaks but found nothing.

So being the brain surgeon that I am, I decided to go have a look at the rear valve block... knowing that I couldn't ever get the pipes back into the block back there, I decided to crack the top open in place and just pull the valves and top section off the clean. I was able to angle the block out toward the rear wheel enough to clean the top and the holes a bit with wet towels and a rag. once reassembled and installed back into the slots that hold it, I fired the truck up and thought I was good to go...

Upon driving to work the system throw a fault and dropped to the ground while on the highway. I pulled over and turned her off... restarted and she rose slowly but rose and got me to work.

just now I went out and noticed that she is now listing to the drivers side. she looks like she has polio or something. I turned the engine on and no change raised the suspension only to have the rear rise. after a few attempts she finally leveled off a bit.

Pulled the fuse again, and after about an hour of sitting I went back out and she is leaning a great deal, to the drivers side.

any ideas where I went wrong? place to look? cant find anything about the leaning to one side in 2 corners.

PLEASE HELP!

Post #18967092nd Jan 2018 8:41 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Problem 1 (Front)

YOu needed to clean out the compressor dryer from white dust.
Also blow out the pipe from compressor area to front valve block if you can to get white dust out.
Take front block apart and clean out any white dust with water.

Problem 2 (rear)

Sounds like whatever you have done has created a serious leak to the right rear wheel.
Not enough air available to raise front (its lower priority to raise front. It does the rear first and then compressor over heats etc)

Order to do things.

1. Sort the rear valve block leak
2. Clean out compressor dryer to prevent any more white dust getting into your cleaned valve blocks
3. Clean out front.

Post #18967202nd Jan 2018 8:50 pm
still11

Pete, thanks for the reply.

Last night I followed your instructions. this time I actually pulled the rear valve block and cleaned it up once again. All the valve blocks front, rear, and even the middle one near the compressor were pulled cleaned again, and o rings replaced. I blew out the lines that I could with shop air and really didn't see any dust coming out. All the blocks looked clean. I pulled the compressor and checked the dryer... again looked great. I had replaced it with an about a year ago with an OEM Hitachi, do it all was clean and looked sharp.

When I pulled the compressor I did notice a split in what I believe is the exhaust hose. it was the larger OD hose that plugs into the back of the compressor (appears to run from the rear of the truck to the compressor opposite of the tank side). I did wrap the hole with tape just to see if that was the issue (at least to see if it would help for the time being)

Once all connections were again checked I fired it up, and nothing... the compressor runs for awhile but them overtime throws a fault. the suspension doesn't move. through the RSW 4Dcan the fault is galley pressure wont decrease(something like that).

What else am I missing what could cause this? Exhaust valve? intake filter (not sure where that is or what it looks like. is there a way to check the Silencer? not sure what that thing even does!

thanks for all the help.

Post #18970403rd Jan 2018 5:01 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I think my experience has run out on this.

I think the air filter is behind the rear light. inside (approx)

But to me, it went badly wrong when you took the rear valve apart.
THere are some tiny seals in the middle. Are they still there?
Maybe you just need to get a used replacement one on order if cheap?

Post #18970843rd Jan 2018 7:22 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

hi

as pete says the inlet air filter for the compressor is indeed the boot, look in the left hand side as u look at the boot, inside the locker , looks like a black round cyl, has 2 x filters inside

since replacing the seals , have u redone a check by pulling the fuse F26 and see if anything drops or stays level,

when u got the message , did it say “ pressure won’t increase “

if the compressor keeps running it maybe due to a leak somewhere , have u bubble tested all the joints

sometimes it can be a leaking air tank , think u need to establish first what happens after u pull the f26 fuse

may i ask , does ur diagnostic reader tell u what pressure the compressor is outputting plse

enclosed a pic of the air filter , u can just see the round black container that contains the 2 x filters inside

PS, meant to say , also check all ur height sensors have the correct voltage to each of them

Post #18972233rd Jan 2018 11:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >