Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

PDC NOT FACTORY FIT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
GNINJA

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
PDC NOT FACTORY FIT

HI CAN ANY ONE ADVISE ME IF THEY HAVE HAD FRONT PDC AFTER TAKING DELIVERY.

I ORDER MY 2006 SE THAT IS DUE NEXT WEDNESDAY AND THE SPEC ON THE LR WEBSITE STATES FRONT PDC AND CENTRE CONSOLE COOLER.

I HAVE ALREADY POPPED INTO THE DEALER TO HAVE A QUICK PEEK AND NOTICED IT HAD NEITHER.

THE DEALER HAVE OFFERED ME THE LANDROVER COOL BAG AS A COMPROMISE BUT SAID THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE FRONT PDC.

I SPOKE TO LR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AFTER ABOUT 3 DAYS THEY PUT ME BACK ONTO THE DEALER. THEY AGAIN SAID THEY WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO AND I HAVE THE INTEGRATED PHONE SYSTEM THAT HAS COME WITH THE VEHICLE THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED FOR (NOR DID I ORDER)

SO I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD HAVE SOME FIT BY AN AUTO ELECTRICIAN AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE

THANKS

GNINJA
 DISCO 3 SE TDV6 BUCKINGHAM BLUE SIDE STEPS,PRIV GLASS  
Post #4330320th Feb 2006 9:24 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Hi Gninja - just a quick tip, if you want things to be easier for people to read, don't type all IN CAPITALS Wink
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4330820th Feb 2006 9:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GNINJA

Thanks Martin

The computer i operate at work we have to always key in caps, and i forget i am even doing it
Wink
Post #4331220th Feb 2006 9:42 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

No problem Wink
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4331520th Feb 2006 9:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Front PDC and centre console cooler box are only recent additions to the standard spec for a MY 2006 SE.

It would appear you will be getting a MY 2006 built prior to the build change that occured in Dec 2005.

The Personal telephone integration system remains a £350 option but you should have the superior Bi-Xenon headlights which are now a £695 option.Total value of £1045.

The option price of the Front PDC £265 and centre console cooler box is £230. Total value of £495.

Thus you appear to be £550 better off.

Where the rear of the vehicle is can be difficult to judge so rear PDC is useful, however the the front is not so difficult, although I suspect that depends on your height and/or how high you set the seat.

Post #4335120th Feb 2006 11:45 pm
scorpio

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

If it was me I would try and beat them at there own game go in tomorow and tell them you have thought about it and as they cannot honour the agreement you had on ordering you wish to cancel and go to a different dealer. As it is close to the end of the month they will panic as they like to clear all new cars by the end of every month and see just what they do then. Be prepared though that if they try and call your bluff to just walk away and order from anohter dealer. Seems to me they are just taking liberties and have either ordered wrong or found one similar they can complete on sooner.

Post #4337121st Feb 2006 1:42 am
zig

On taking an order, a dealer can either place a fresh factory order or try and obtain a vehicle to the required specification by identifying one, on the computer, that has been ordered as a stock vehicle within the dealer network.

If he can identify such a vehicle he will then contact the dealer that placed the order and attempt to do a swap for one he has also ordered for stock.

If this can be done before the vehicle has been transported to the dealer who placed the original order then it is purely an administrative excercise.

The advantage of obtaining a vehicle that has been ordered as part of a stock order is that the delivery time is minimised. However, the disadvantage naturally is that this means that the vehicle will probably have been manufactured prior to you placing the order and as such may not be the latest build standard.

Thus if one is placing an order they are best to establish the latest model year and build (plus associated specification differences) and get that written into the order.

Post #4352721st Feb 2006 9:58 pm
GNINJA

Thank you all for your replies on this,LR have since been back to me to say they will discount me a further £250.00 to go against me getting front PDC fit by an auto electrician and have also thrown in a set of rubber mats.

Only a week left to go i cant wait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post #4372422nd Feb 2006 9:39 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 
Front PDC

Just noticed this thread.

I ordered my D3 SE in August and because I specified front PDC it had to be a factory order and consequently it did not arrive until January and was a MY 06. Having just seen that this now comes with front PDC as standard I have a bone to pick with my dealer regarding the £200+ that I have paid for something that came as standard Shocked

Now where is the dealers phone number .... Thumbs Up

Paul

Post #4397923rd Feb 2006 9:03 pm
zig

Paul J

At the time of placing your order back in August Bi-Xenon headlights were standard but are now a £695 option.

Did you get them?

Post #4406723rd Feb 2006 11:52 pm
steveho

United Kingdom 

check your chassis no. to see if it's a '6A' 2006 or a late '5A' 2005 you're getting Question

Post #4429625th Feb 2006 12:34 am
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

Zig,

I knew that the xenons were not going to be standard with the MY model I was ordering, so I added them as an extra .... £600 $%^%^&£" quid ! Thud Still they do look nice. Very Happy

I think that the cool box and front PDC are very recent additions to MY06 (MY06 v1.02??)

I am yet to raise the issue of being double-charged for my front PDC with my dealer (they were fixing a problem with the odometer LCD display and I didn't want my frank exchange of views to lead to them taking umbridge whilst the vehicle was i their care Wink ).

Post #4442925th Feb 2006 11:08 pm
knightma

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Paul J.

Thanks for your post. Having read it, it suddenly twigged on me that my wife's new D3 TDV6 SE has the cool box and front PDC as extras the dealer said I got for free as I hadn't ordered them. However I've always suspected the bi-xenon headlights were no better than any other car with halogen lights I'd driven previously. So this afternoon I checked and sure enough they are just normal halogen. Unbelievably the dealer failed to mention this. The bi-xenon at the time I ordered and sealed the deal was standard fit. This now puts a rather sour complexion on what I'd thought was a very favourable experience. I've basically got 2 extras I didn't really want, worth ₤495 for free but not got the bi-xenon lights worth ₤695 which I really did want. The dealer obvously knew what was going on as he was very happy to keep telling me I got 2 extras for free. I'm quite furious and will be speaking to the dealer tomorrow. The spec change is obviously a stealth price increase which is fair enough but they should at least tell the likes of myself who order from one price list but recieve a car from a latter one.

Why do they treat their customers like this? It's quite unbelievable and in the end counterproductive.

Post #4451726th Feb 2006 9:15 pm
zig

Paul J

On MY 2006 builds up to Dec 2005 Bi-Xenon headlights were standard but were then dropped and became an option. However, the cool box and front PDC which were options then became standard fit.

Thus you need to establish which MY 2006 build standard you have, to see which you should not have paid for.

Post #4451926th Feb 2006 9:31 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

Zig,

All MY06 S & SE models built from about July 05 were sold without the xenon headlights. This was a bone of contention when I placed my factory order at the end of July, given the cost to upgrade to them. The front console cool box and front PDC are more recent additions - December you say? I understand that my D3 was built in Jan 06. The dealer was as surprised as me when the car arrived with the cool box.

It is a sorry state of affairs when the dealers do not have a clue about the specs of the cars they are selling.

Paul

ps just got my car back after the dealer repaired the odometer LCD. New display works fine .... a pity that I had to reassemble the dash properly after they didn't. Not impressed with this dealership !

Post #4453326th Feb 2006 10:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >