Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

The Phone call i wanted came today from my dealer :)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Russell

United Kingdom 

Pete
the timed control is not active on my screen Big Cry Hope you can work your magic Thumbs Up I will be a guine pig (do not think that is spelt right
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #56623716th Dec 2009 11:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Timed control is part of the option pack. It won't show up as an option on the touchsreen.

What is not clear is if there is any additional hardware required to allow timed operation of the FBH, or if it is simply a software enablement. If the latter, then it is simply a case of enabling the feature, and it should work. A scan of both GTR and Microcat might shed some light on this.....clearly the remote unit requires hardware that is not installed.

Pete is the man you can help on this, but based on the hamfisted implementation on early D3s, I would think it quite likely that timed operation is simply a software tick the box excercise in the CCF.

On that basis, it is no different to enabling the 4x4 info screen, for example.

Now, I did hear somewhere that IDS was now able to check CCF configurations against factory delivery spec, using the VIN (Microcat does the same thing), and that any changes to CCF, or other modules, could be either be flagged up or even automatically reset by IDS. This may just be conjecture, but that is what I heard.

Post #56625216th Dec 2009 11:58 pm
Ecosse

Winger wrote:

Now, I did hear somewhere that IDS was now able to check CCF configurations against factory delivery spec, using the VIN (Microcat does the same thing), and that any changes to CCF, or other modules, could be either be flagged up or even automatically reset by IDS. This may just be conjecture, but that is what I heard.

Not sure if it is the same issue, but when my D3 was in for a warranty repair I got a rather sneering call from the dealer to advise that their systems had revealed it was chipped & that the warranty was void Shocked so I'd have to pay for the new turbo myself Shocked

They actually ended up with egg on their faces, as it was certainly not & never had been chipped, and when I let fly at them they actually had the sense Shocked to recheck directly with LR and found that when having various problems sorted by LR at the factory when it was almost new, LR had applied a software version that was not on the original CCF for the car Rolling Eyes

The dealership diagnostics had flagged this up Laughing - I'm not sure however whether this was only because it was the engine management chip or more likely as Winger Bow down suggests, it can detect changes in any of the configurations Whistle

Post #56630617th Dec 2009 9:21 am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Intresting about IDS and the CCF, ive not herd this before but since they have now changed to SSD instead of IDS which is also linked direct to the web so i suppose anything is possibile.

Lucky i have SSD as well , so i will chq tomorrow and see if there are any comparison menus i can see for this sort of checking by the dealers.

RE the timed start, ive looked on microcat and can only find the "plip"/T91 wabasto kit available, there is no mention of timed start on the radio etc etc but ill keep digging.

Intrestingly also is that i tryed today my normal D3 used Oval 1533 timer on my D4 and it didnt work Sad.
I ran out of time to chq for errors but ill beo n it again tomorrow to try and find out some more, i may have missed something or not waited long niough for it to start etc etc.
It was a bit of a end of day test and it was cold and i could smell my T so i had to leve and go home.

More tomorrow, ive had a long day fitting the towbar and lighting wires, LED side and number plate bulbs, LED interiour bulbs, H7 ice whites in the fog lights on the front bumper and main beam, Tasmods on the sills, Black badges all round amd window tints all round etc etc.

Pete

Post #56682217th Dec 2009 11:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just reading more of the wireing diagrams for the FBH and CAN network it seems that only the wireless reciver uses the the pin 2 connection on the FBH as per D3 with oval timer to fire it.

From what ive just read/see in the diagrams the timer from the radio must fire it by the medium speed CAN network as per D3, so i would assume only a software edit to enable radio setup.
This will also be the same CAN fire up method when the car fires the FBH on its own because its cold.

Intrestingly tho, the D3 and D4 use the same heater and yet the D3 uses 29bit CAN and the D4 uses 11bit CAN but the heater still fires Humm.

As said, more testing tomorrow, its cold outside on a morning so i have to crack it soon lol.

Pete

Post #56685518th Dec 2009 12:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >