Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Picked it up yesterday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dan

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Picked it up yesterday

Well, I was knocking on the dealers door yesterday to pick up my D3 and so far all good (BN I will add my vote to the survey now, although I don't know if it's representative after 24 hours!).

Just as an update to my earlier post the difference between '05 and '06 specs is the deletion of bi-xenons and the addition of the bright pack. So I guess people were prefering toys like auto wipers/lights etc. to brighter lights...

Dan

Post #155822nd Sep 2005 7:09 am
croyde

Got mine this afternoon, only done about 40 miles so far and the only off roading was parking with 2 wheels up a steep grass bank Laughing

Nervously scanning for warning lights and the gear shift gaiter was loose but I clicked it into place.

Have to say that I am well surprised/pleased at the limo type ride and the fantastic stereo. I have already hooked up my iPod to great effect. Cruising at 90 on the motorway is effortless, quiet and relaxing. Parallel parking in our crowded little streets is a different matter though I'm sure that we will get used to it, after all I did have a LWB transit as my only transport back in the 80s.

Lets hope that we will be lucky Smile

Post #157232nd Sep 2005 9:46 pm
BN

England 

croyde wrote:
Got mine this afternoon, only done about 40 miles so far and the only off roading was parking with 2 wheels up a steep grass bank Laughing

Nervously scanning for warning lights and the gear shift gaiter was loose but I clicked it into place.

Have to say that I am well surprised/pleased at the limo type ride and the fantastic stereo. I have already hooked up my iPod to great effect. Cruising at 90 on the motorway is effortless, quiet and relaxing. Parallel parking in our crowded little streets is a different matter though I'm sure that we will get used to it, after all I did have a LWB transit as my only transport back in the 80s.

Lets hope that we will be lucky Smile

croyde I wish you lots of pleasure with your new toy. I now know where I went wrong, I ran my car in for a few hundred miles at below 65 mph, should have given it some welly to show it who was the boss.

Post #157242nd Sep 2005 9:52 pm
croyde

Ooops!

Have only just read the bit in the manual about running in. Only ended up going that fast because it was so quiet.

Carefully ran in my Boxster over 1800 miles even though enthusiasts seemed to be split between thrashing from new or taking it easy.

The LR salesman said not to bother when asked but I do have mechanical sympathy.

Post #157282nd Sep 2005 10:00 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BN wrote:
croyde I wish you lots of pleasure with your new toy. I now know where I went wrong, I ran my car in for a few hundred miles at below 65 mph, should have given it some welly to show it who was the boss.
But I did that and mine hasn't tried to get the better of me Wink
Yet Exclamation
 The End  
Post #157292nd Sep 2005 10:02 pm
BN

England 

croyde wrote:
Ooops!

Have only just read the bit in the manual about running in. Only ended up going that fast because it was so quiet.

Carefully ran in my Boxster over 1800 miles even though enthusiasts seemed to be split between thrashing from new or taking it easy.

The LR salesman said not to bother when asked but I do have mechanical sympathy.

The reality is that the D3 engine is run in. But your tyres are not, neither are the brakes and anything else. Let it settle for e while thats all. I have never had any oil problems, but some have and I think it is because I nursed my engine for a while, then changed the oil at 4000 miles.

Did b all for the electric though.

Post #157302nd Sep 2005 10:04 pm
croyde

Noted.

We know this, it just amazes me that the Sales staff don't push this point. It all seems like common sense to me.

Cheers.

Post #157362nd Sep 2005 10:17 pm
BN

England 

croyde wrote:
Noted.

We know this, it just amazes me that the Sales staff don't push this point. It all seems like common sense to me.

Cheers.

Sales have sold the car by then.

Post #157412nd Sep 2005 10:26 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

My salesman thought the service interval was still 12,000 miles. You should have seen him panic when I asked him to pop the bonnet and show me where the dipstick was and how to check the fluid levels. It was soon obvious that I knew far more about the D3 than he did
 The End  
Post #157432nd Sep 2005 10:32 pm
croyde

He told me 12000 or 12 months as well. Have not got thru the manual yet so what should be the service interval.

Post #157452nd Sep 2005 11:11 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

15,000 miles in the UK, though some dealers are now saying wait until the service light comes on - something else we need confirmation of from LR
 The End  
Post #157472nd Sep 2005 11:17 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Running In And Service Intervals

As previously mentioned the service intervals are 15000 miles or 15 months, my car has done 13500 and used 3 litres of oil in that period. The use of the correct top up oil is important to maintain the extended lubricant life. As for running in I collected my car on a Friday afternoon three hundred miles from home and gave it no mercy, I believe that as long as you do not allow the engine to labour in any gear before the engine has done 5000 miles it will give great service. The performance of my engine improved with every mile up to about 10,000 and now it exceeds manufacturers spec and returns 26.9 mpg average despite my lead right foot.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #157612nd Sep 2005 11:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >