Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Picking up Disco 3 Tomorrow !!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pete C

Picking up Disco 3 Tomorrow !!!

Hello to all fellow forum members !
Just thought that I'd introduce myself and let you know that I shall be collecting my new Disco 3 TDV6 7 tomorrow from my local Land Rover dealer.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
This is one car that I cannot wait to collect !!! It has been a long uphill battle trying to acquire one of these magnificant vehicles, as I originally placed an order for a UK spec imported version through an internet broker back in November. This turned out to be a 'Scam', and the vehicle never was ordered !!!
Fortunately, I recently received a full refund of my order money and so decided to visit my local LR dealer. To my surprise, the extra cost charged by the LR dealer was surprisingly small. I only placed the order last Monday and am collecting the vehicle tomorrow. It's a 'bog standard' TD V6 7 with no options (perhaps that's how I've managed to secure such a prompt delivery). The colour scheme is Tonga Green with Tundra interior. My original internet order was for Bonatti Grey, but having seen the Tonga Green several times whilst out and about, I soon changed my mind.
I really am getting quite excited and cannot quite believe that I shall be collecting my pride and joy tomorrow - just like being a kid at Christmas again !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #260320th Apr 2005 7:35 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

If you like it now, you're in for a very nice surprise because it is awesome, like you I have an entry level 7 seater in Cairns Blue since December and the novelty hasn't worn off yet.
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #260420th Apr 2005 8:47 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I too am getting excited, and due to pick up my HSE on Friday. It is also Tonga green with tundra interior, which, after lots of deliberation, I really do think is a great combination. I was very lucky in that my local dealer managed to find the right vehicle at quite short notice. What should my first trip be?

Post #260720th Apr 2005 9:07 pm
Pete C

Re: Picking up Disco 3 tomorrow !!!

Unfortunately, my excitement of picking up my new TDV6 on Thursday turned to complete disappointment !!!
Yesterday morning I received a call from my local dealer telling me that the vehicle had failed it's PDI due to a faulty switch on the electronic handbrake. The part did not arrive at the Dealership yesterday, but they were hopeful of receiving it this morning. To my annoyance, the part did not arrive today.... and so the wait goes on.
I suggested that they use a switch from an alternative vehicle in stock but this idea was rejected. Obviously, I appreciate that a vehicle must pass stringent PDI checks, but I now feel somewhat disillusioned.
Did anybody else encounter delays due to PDI failures ? Sad Sad Sad

Post #272422nd Apr 2005 12:50 pm
Pelyma

England 

It's amazing that they are picking things up on a PDI. I know it's not nice having these delays, but it'll be worth it, keep smiling Razz
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #272522nd Apr 2005 12:54 pm
Pete C

As I mentioned before, my new TDV6 failed it's PDI due to a faulty hand brake switch. I was naturally very disappointed that I could not collect the vehicle last Thursday as scheduled, however my local LR dealer has been very understanding and cooperative about the whole affair. I was given a demonstrator Discovery 3 on Saturday and told that I can use it until my vehicle is ready for collection. I very much appreciate this level of service, and on first impressions cannot praise the LR dealer enough !!! (long may it last - I hope). I was even offered a Discovery 3 V8 to use, however after being told that I'd have to live with an average 14 MPG, I passed on that offer !!!
Needless to say, I am very impressed with the TDV6 so far and cannot believe the level of comfort, refinement and practicality that it offers. I could not believe how crude my works Freelander TD4 felt in comparison when I drove it this morning !!!

Post #281325th Apr 2005 4:42 pm
marc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Picking up Disco 3 tomorrow !!!

Pete C wrote:
Did anybody else encounter delays due to PDI failures ? Sad Sad Sad

Pete,

My Disco failed its PDI on wheel tracking and had to be sent away for laser alignment (because the dealer couldn't do it) therefore I had to wait an extra day for it and was very worried about what I was about to receive.

I was also annoyed by the fact that the car had 30 odd miles on the clock due to being driven to and from the wheel alignment place Evil or Very Mad

Anyway 2 months on and I love it and not had any real problems with it so it looks like I was worried for nothing.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine (when you finally receive it Very Happy )

Cheers

Marc
 Disco 3 now gone!!

Discovery 3 S spec 2.7 V6 Diesel. Smile

Previous Car to D3: Seat Leon Cupra R with a nice 280 bhp...... Sad to see it go Sad 

Post #281725th Apr 2005 8:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >