DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Milenco 400kg Heavy Duty Nose Weight Gauge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bazalab

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Milenco 400kg Heavy Duty Nose Weight Gauge

Hi All

Does anyone use one of these heavy duty ones. The standard gauge only reads to 130kg.

Am awaiting new Buccaneer Cruiser next month which has a max nose weight of 150kg. My D4 has a similar 150kg max (fitted tow bar by the way, not detachable one) and I hope to set up at about 140kg for a safe smooth tow.

Milenco have suggested the heavy duty gauge in this case but I cannot find any users on forums elsewhere. As nose weights can vary so much with loading I am anxious to know if anyone is using this piece of Milenco equipment and if so is it worthwhile and accurate and where did you buy from?

Thanks

Bazalab

Post #18994469th Jan 2018 9:09 pm
al cope

England 

I thought the Crusier was still on an Alko chassis which usually only has a 100kg max nosewieght?

Appols - stand corrected - yours is 150kg max noseweight. Given my new Eddis Supreme 840 uses the same Alko chassis (and comes out of the same Edliss factory) and that has max nosewieght at 100kg wonder how they get the 50kg difference on the Buccaneer?

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #189957310th Jan 2018 8:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bazalab

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Milencvo 400kg Nose Weight Gauge

Hi Al cope

I am sure I spoke to dealer about this and he assured me on this.

However, belt and braces and all that, you have triggered me to email Elddis with that very question and I will post the reply here.

Thanks for your comment Al.

bazalab

Post #189960710th Jan 2018 10:00 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I use the Reich gauge. It measure also road wheel weight to give you a figure to compare to the MTPLM figure.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #189961310th Jan 2018 10:12 am
Washwipe

England 

States 150kgs

http://www.elddis.co.uk/buccaneer/buccanee...ation#tabs

Post #189974710th Jan 2018 4:36 pm
al cope

England 

yes it does - thats why I posted my appols - but still interested how 2 van's on the same chassis from the same factory can have that much difference in noseweights. I would have thought the Buccanner was possibly heavy than the Supreme (@1800kg) so noseweight might have even been lower than my 100kg

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #189977210th Jan 2018 5:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
James W

United Kingdom 

I keep wanting to buy one of these nose weight gauges to avoid scratching SWMBOs posh bathroom scales but keep coming back to messages that they don't work well with TA vans...

I can feel a massive difference if I put the awning too far forward but would love to have an objective weight figure to check against once loaded up.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #189985310th Jan 2018 9:34 pm
Navigator

They work fine on a twin axle. You can always run the front two wheels up onto a couple of your blocks to make it a single axle to take the reading if you want to be "sure", but I found it made little difference.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #189999911th Jan 2018 9:57 am
al cope

England 

These say they are for single axle vans:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reich-TLC-Towba...SwD8ZZ52T-

I think the Reich weight gauge is one of these, but cant see how this does nosewieght, unless you just rest something under the nose or just put the jockey wheel down on it and use it as a scale:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reich-Caravan-W...Swb3lZ72vu

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #190005111th Jan 2018 12:00 pm
Navigator

Never seen the first one before, it is the yellow one that does the business.

It is electronic and has an additive function. You push a button to select three (single axle), four (motor caravan etc) or five (twin axle). Stick it under the jockey wheel and press button, drive/push/tow wheels on one side over it and press button. Then other side. You now have all the information you could need.

Can weigh your Discovery as well.
Post #190005811th Jan 2018 12:11 pm
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Another option might be the Al-Ko Premium jockey wheel? 150kg looks to be well within its capabilities and it has a built in gauge. Just be mindful though that the scale is a calculated figure so you have to take some measurements to work out what your optimum is. I’ve found that with several tow cars and a couple of caravans, the calculated figure is approximately 20 higher than the ‘S’ figures of either the cars or the caravans. For instance, our caravan has a max of 100kg, but their calculation comes out at about 120kg.

The instructions are available online which will clarify things if you want to look.

Be mindful too that if you use any other method, the measurement must be taken at the hitch head and not the jockey wheel as the figures will differ.

Post #190007911th Jan 2018 12:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >