Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus: feedback wanted.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Cresco750

New Zealand 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus: feedback wanted.

Hi all
I’m weighing up tyre options for my Disco 4, and have short listed the Pirelli’s. Can those that have run these tyres please give me some feedback on their performance, in particular how many miles you have got out of them?

Note: I’m on the other side of the world, so available tyre options are different to the UK.
 2016 LR4 SDV6 HSE
SOLD: 2005 2.7 TDV6 HSE Auto 

Post #236735723rd Apr 2024 8:47 pm
Naki Blake

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hey Cresco

Where are you considering buying these Pirelli's from? How much are you being quoted per tyre?

I've still got the original Perelli Scorpion on the spare, would consider going back to these next time I need to replace. I'm currently on Goodyear tyres.

I'm just out of New Plymouth (Taranaki)

Cheers Blake

Post #236746725th Apr 2024 8:50 am
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I have them in D3, 255/60/18, they have approximately 25,000 km, I don't know how long they will last, but I have very good expectations about it, on the other hand I think they are great and perhaps the best wheels I have had in 18 years of my Discovery 3, they are perfect and silent on the road despite their aggressive appearance, very good in dry and wet, snow symbol on the shoulder and they do it well and are sufficiently effective in the field, and aesthetically very pretty which also counts . Only one negative point, at least here in Europe, they are not always available, in case that could become a problem!

greetings from Spain

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 lost in translation!  
Post #236746825th Apr 2024 9:09 am
Cresco750

Hi Blake

Albany Tyres have quoted $562 for the Pirellis (255/55 19), which is the best price I’ve found so far. Another option is the Cooper Discoverer ATT, which I’ve been quoted $415, although I’m not convinced on them yet. I used to run Cooper Zeon LTZ’s on the Disco 3 that I had a few years ago, but they have been discontinued.

Cheers——Neil

Naki Blake wrote:
Hey Cresco

Where are you considering buying these Pirelli's from? How much are you being quoted per tyre?

I've still got the original Perelli Scorpion on the spare, would consider going back to these next time I need to replace. I'm currently on Goodyear tyres.

I'm just out of New Plymouth (Taranaki)

Cheers Blake
 2016 LR4 SDV6 HSE

Post #236747425th Apr 2024 12:36 pm
Cresco750

Thanks. All the feedback I’ve read so far is positive!

Cheers

ruben wrote:
I have them in D3, 255/60/18, they have approximately 25,000 km, I don't know how long they will last, but I have very good expectations about it, on the other hand I think they are great and perhaps the best wheels I have had in 18 years of my Discovery 3, they are perfect and silent on the road despite their aggressive appearance, very good in dry and wet, snow symbol on the shoulder and they do it well and are sufficiently effective in the field, and aesthetically very pretty which also counts . Only one negative point, at least here in Europe, they are not always available, in case that could become a problem!

greetings from Spain

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2016 LR4 SDV6 HSE

Post #236747525th Apr 2024 12:38 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I had them on my RRS and would still have them if they were available in the UK. Good on road, decent in the wet albeit a little slidey if pushing on (but then it's an AT not a fast road tyre), seemed to be nice and robust - took some hits on the sidewall that made me flinch but barely left a mark. Winter rated although I doubt that's a big issue in Auckland Laughing .
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #236748325th Apr 2024 2:52 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

They’re great. I replaced my old AT+ set today with a new one on the D3. They work in snow, on ice, on tarmac, in the woods, on sand.. Thumbs Up

Edit 1: If I had to say something negative is that they get wobbly when you’ve got 4 mm or so left and want to change lanes. Also driving in rain they start doing the same. It means it’s time to replace.

Edit 2: I got a bit under 55k km (from 10-11 mm) to about 4 mm. I got a puncture on one last week and decided to replace the whole set rather than try to get maximum life out of the them. If you’re in a non-snow environment you could probably have driven some more still. I would have had to replace these anyway in the fall.

Post #236755726th Apr 2024 2:14 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I agree, they do become wobbly with age, so after years of using them and trying to find why the car became very giddy I changed to Avon AX7's on the recommendation of "rrhool"

Problem solved. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #236756926th Apr 2024 3:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >