Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Please help me...Suspension problems.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tapio Hintsala

Finland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Please help me...Suspension problems.

Thank you all for this excellent forum. I bought Discover 3 2.7 diesel 9/2006 .. And I have a lot of problems. Suddenly, the text became the dash panel, that suspension loweded. My car went hard suspension. Dash panel was also texts "park brake fault" and the HDC system fault, special programs not available .. checked, the guy in a workshop that the right rear wheel ABS sensor has failed. Rear brake lights do not work also. I know that the ABS sensor can cause everything to occur. But it seems burnt bulbs throughout the car systems?
Does the abs sensor forced to change the Land Rover repair shop? Or can I change them myself? Can I change the bulbs myself? Does failure of memory blank for a moment, taking the battery out of the car? I'm sorry the poor english, but I hope you will answer me.

Post #56815721st Dec 2009 12:03 am
sarumlight

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hi Tapio,

There are better experts than me who will hopefully be along to help, but yes the brake light bulbs can cause this kind of problem, especially if a bulb filament is shorting out. Try changing the bulbs (it's easy you just need a screw driver). It's best to use the proper "Land Rover" bulbs if you can get them as the filaments are spaced far apart so they shouldn't short out.

If you change the bulbs and still have the same problem the brake light switch can be fauly and cause the same issue - your mechanic should be able to check/change it.

Not sure about the ABS / wheel speed sensor - I'll leave that to someone who knows more, but good luck!

David

Post #56816221st Dec 2009 12:20 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >