Possibly the best summary of global warming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
Possibly the best summary of global warming

Posted by a reader in the comments section of the telegraph:

telegraph reader named Derek wrote:
Lets all face the real truth of this - global warming is the darling new religion of the left wing. At last it gives all those objectionable little social and intellectual inadequates a way to display their spite and envy, to unleash the sanctimony that burns in their chests and,with religious zeal, to look down on those who in the real world simply tower above them in ability and competence and to unleash risible, unfounded, dishonest, absurd and obscene attacks against anyone who fails to bend to the will of their new 'faith' - at last they see a way to rule the world and bring capitalism to its knees in the hated Western societies that, ironically, fund their parasitic lifestyles(and of course remember that in the world of the warmie, the emerging economies play no part in their charade as they are also victims of the West and therefore ideologically carbon neutral no matter what they spew out or how many they add to the world's population). The Fabians think they have at last found the key to Marxism by stealth - it is just a shame for them that the more desperate they become to reach their goal, the more the general public wise up to their spite, oppression, lies and deceit

Thought I'd share that little gem with you.

Derek, whoever and wherever you are Bow down Bow down Bow down
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #45678220th Apr 2009 10:33 am
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Very well put Thumbs Up
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #45678420th Apr 2009 10:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

So there is some sanity on the subject! Pity it's just a reader and not the editorial staff Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for that ND, made me smile - looks like the kind of thing you could put on a leaflet and leave under Euroboxes wipers Whistle

That reminds me, slightly Off Topic there was a quick debate on Radio 2 last week about zero emission electric cars and government plans to provide a donation of up to £5k towards buying one; one of the supporters of all-electric cars actually pointed out that there was no such thing as a zero emission car; it still had to be manufactured, and the chances were high that the electricity used to charge them was created by burning coal...the world is slowly but thankfully regaining its sanity on this subject.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #45681420th Apr 2009 12:18 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I think Derek (whoever he is) ought to be invited to be an honorary member of this forum, it sounds like he would fit right in Bow down Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #45681620th Apr 2009 12:20 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

There was a letter in the Telegraph on Saturday, pointing out the absurdity of a government paying you £5k towards an electric car that would need to be charged from our (failing) national grid, while banning us from having 100w light bulbs. Mr. Green

Strangely this letter doesn't seem to have made it onto the Telegraph website Rolling Eyes

Edit Embarassed looking in the wrong place.

Quote:
SIR – Am I alone in finding it strange that the Government is encouraging me to buy an electric car while preventing me from buying a 100W incandescent light bulb?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/letters...-cars.html
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #45681920th Apr 2009 12:27 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up nice find. It looks like the electorate is catching on at last.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #45683520th Apr 2009 1:23 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Shame we cannot shorten the last gem a little, as it would make a nice bumper sticker. Thumbs Up

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #45684620th Apr 2009 1:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The D3 has quite a big bumper Whistle Thumbs Up
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #45688720th Apr 2009 2:43 pm
Andrew Hebron

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

TBH I don't think GW-denying is any more useful than the Let's-Go-Back-To-Carbon-Neutral-Hunter-Gathering Brigade.

We need to face the fact that as humans we cannot debate complex issues widely & effectively as:
    - they get lost in over-simplification and sound-bites
    - we love to have a view even if we're wholly unqualified and we kid ourselves that everyone's view is equally valuable
    - we don't base our views on evidence, but on second/third/fourth-hand "facts" from like-minded acquantancies who simply confirm our existing prejudicies
    - equally, we dismiss the views of others not based on fact but on whether we "like" them or not (ref Telegraph Derek)
    - we can't cope with uncertainty: e.g. because science can't provide An Answer, it must be wrong (like those that believe in the paranormal reckon it must exist because science can't prove its absence Rolling Eyes )

I find it rather depressing. Recommended reading: Risk - The Science & Politics of Fear by Dan Gardner

Rant over. Thumbs Up
 Andrew  
Post #45691820th Apr 2009 3:39 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

But what happens if I disagree with Dan Gardner? Confused

Wink
Post #45692320th Apr 2009 3:42 pm
Andrew Hebron

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Present your alternative behavioural research to him; I'm sure he'd be interested. Wink
 Andrew  
Post #45693320th Apr 2009 4:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >