Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

PRICES
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
BN

England 

If you look back in my posts some time ago, you will see I spoke to Webasto who made it clear that the pre-heater could and should work. It could easily be made to work also. However even they think the fuel tank is the problem, so they are reluctant to do anything at this stage.

Just to place a fly in the ointment, does your pre-cooler work, mine does NOT. It does in my RR when programmed, so why not in the D3 as I have the basic same software, or is this an issue we will all work out in the hot weather and drop the pre-heater problem when we do not need it. Surely the pre-cooler should work in reverse so to speak to the pre-heater?

Don't lets defend LR when we simply at this stage want the courtesy of answers, something we are not getting. Question

Post #248118th Apr 2005 12:14 pm
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

BN,

Ive read your post and it was clearly offered to you and as such should be fixed.

Im not trying to defend LR but if as it would seem its a design fault it may be hard / expensive to rectify. My understanding was ,although I havnt checked this, is that LR are making a loss. So by removing this feature altogether seems on cost grounds to be the sensible choice.

By the way I would also love this to work it does on my mates X5, but when I ordered the car I didnt know it existed so I feel its a bit rich if I jump on the back of your problem and demand a fix.

Good Luck,

Post #248318th Apr 2005 12:26 pm
Ecosse

BN wrote:

Just to place a fly in the ointment, does your pre-cooler work, mine does NOT.

As per an earlier posting the cabin pre-cooler seems to work (or at least it does on mine) in exactly the same way as the heater!! ie it works subject to the defect in the clock/timer & the need for the user to manually force the radio to stay on Wink

Post #248918th Apr 2005 3:25 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Ecosse wrote:
BN wrote:

Just to place a fly in the ointment, does your pre-cooler work, mine does NOT.

As per an earlier posting the cabin pre-cooler seems to work (or at least it does on mine) in exactly the same way as the heater!! ie it works subject to the defect in the clock/timer & the need for the user to manually force the radio to stay on Wink

Do you have it on your settings menu? It will only appear if you don't have the pre-heater set, and vice-versa. Not sure to the logic of why you shouldn't be able to have both set, but there you go.

Post #249118th Apr 2005 4:38 pm
BN

England 

Yes it is all there, but it does not work. Perhaps it waits untill +40C then switches in. Maybe LR will remove it to illiminate another problem on ver 8.5 of the software.

Post #249218th Apr 2005 4:49 pm
Ecosse

BN - it was definitely warm weather when I tried it - but there is nothing dramatic - it is NOT the air con, just activation of the fans & they only come on at a lowish setting to blow air through the car. I'll test it again to see if it is temperature dependent Very Happy

Post #249318th Apr 2005 6:17 pm
Ecosse

cmyers_uk wrote:
BN,

Im not trying to defend LR but if as it would seem its a design fault it may be hard / expensive to rectify. My understanding was ,although I havnt checked this, is that LR are making a loss. So by removing this feature altogether seems on cost grounds to be the sensible choice.

Cmyres - can you firstly follow Martin (Site Admin's) requests to include location details on your profile) Very Happy - it helps us all to put postings in context.
On your posting - it is totally irrelevant if a "design fault" is expensive to fix & LR's finances are its (or rather Ford's) problem not ours! Owners have parted with good cash for these vehicles & if there are defects then regardless of the cost LR will have to fix them. They are lucky that most of the issues seem to be software related & that is a much simpler issue to fix than a mechanical problem (cf when Audi recalled its TT & retro-fitted rear spoilers & ESP to them)

Post #250018th Apr 2005 8:44 pm
Ecosse

cmyers_uk wrote:
BN,

Ive looked through all my brochures and a pre heater is not offered as an option or mentioned in the specs for the vehicle.

Have to contradict on this one - I have the original spec sheets provided by LR & what is mentioned is a fuel burning heater as a standard feature - when delivered to me the fbh was there & operates both automatically & via the timer provided the clock in the radio remains on. By all reasonable interpretations the problem is a faulty implementation of the clock as that is the only element in the system that causes a problem.

Post #250318th Apr 2005 9:01 pm
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ecosse,

I have updated my profile as requested.

If as you say you were sold a car offering a timed fuel burning heater as a no cost option, then that is what you are entitled to get. Im sure if you present your case to the small claims court you will force LR into some action.

The brochures and spec sheets for my HSE did not include that feature as such although I would like it, I cant see I can demand they fix it for free. I would be happy as I would only use it about 3 times a year to just switch the radio on so would prefer its left as is.

Unfortunatly we live in a world where economics do come into play, LR will look at the cost of fixing v's the cost of not doing it and pick the cheaper.

Good luck in your quest for getting the heater fixed. If its a design fault I think it may take a while

Post #253919th Apr 2005 12:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >