Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Private Plates and LR Finance (Black Horse)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
SN

Private Plates and LR Finance (Black Horse)

Cheeky B***ards!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I received a letter today informing me that they had a mismatch on my vehicle details - please would I fill in the form with Registration, VIN and Vehicle Type etc ... oh and there "may" be an administration charge if the registration number has changed.... Confused

So I ring them up. "Oh yes sir, thats a standard mismatch letter, I see, you've put a new registration number on the car. Yes there will be an administration charge, added to the final payment. How much? Thirty pounds sir - if you make a change within six weeks of starting the agreement, as detailed in your Terms and Conditions sir"

Feck that - I had more than a little rant at this point about why it was a JOKE that they wanted to charge me £30 for typing in 5 letters on a keyboard - demanded to speak to supervisor."

A minute of hold music followed....

"Its OK sir, the registration has already been swapped over by someone here - yes the new registration we have is Nxxxx - there will be no charge sir. thank you and good day (click)"

un-fecking-believable what these sods will try on Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4493074th Apr 2009 12:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Cheers Steve, I will probably be getting the same, my number changes next week Thumbs Up

Post #4493304th Apr 2009 8:18 am
Paul.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If you insure your vehicle on it's VIN number you don't have to inform them about any change of number plate Thumbs Up
 Cheers Paul

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #4493324th Apr 2009 8:25 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Black Horse are probably the worst (actually they are the worst) company I have EVER dealt with. They are incompetent, don't follow the basic regulatory requirements and are actually pretty arrogant.

i won't go into detail but we took out some finance at work on a company car and as a Director I signed the forms all in the companies name. Somehow this got translated into my personal name at the company address (which was also wrong), despite not giving them any personal details and nothing matching including the spelling of my name. They refused to sort out, so it went to the financial ombudsman who gave them 6 weeks to fix it, which they didn't. They were warned again and finally managed to sort out the problem after more than 6 months.

I asked for them to give me details of any records they held in my personal name so I could check them and they refused, which is also a breach of the data protection act.

Currently the Financial Ombudsman is chasing them for details and I have no option but to start legal action against them.

They wonder why finance companies are in trouble, then you look at Black Horse and it's obviously because they are money grabbing incompetent idiots who have no idea what they are doing Evil or Very Mad

Post #4493334th Apr 2009 8:29 am
bobbycrispbox

Australia 

I have the same battle every year with my mortgage company. My mortgage was purchased from the company I originally took it out with, and the new company keep trying on their own Ts&Cs. Each year they ask me for proof of my insurance details and charge me a £30 own insurance fee (protectionism?). Each year I contest it, exchange three letters, mention the FOS, send them a copy of my Ts&Cs, and each year they refund me the money as a 'gesture of goodwill'. The effort involved is probably not worth £30 but I'll be damned if I'll let the b Censored ds win.

Post #4493354th Apr 2009 8:37 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Funnily enough our mortgage company did the same last year after being with them for 7 years they suddenly charge me £30 administration to check the insurance. I had never been insured with them since the start.

They didn't even ask me for the insurance details so I asked what the charge was for. They said it was to check my insurance. I said if you can tell me who I am insured with I will give you £100.00 instead of the £30. They obviously couldn't so I told them they couldn't charge me for something they didn't do. They gave me the £30 back and I have never been charged again.

Like you it's the principle of it.

Post #4493404th Apr 2009 8:43 am
SN

never have ANY problem with my mortgage company - not after having got £5000 out of them for mis-selling me an endowment mortgage in 1991 ... except they didn't, it was the bank that they bought that did, and it wasnt even that bank's endowment policy that didn't deliver the returns, it was a 3rd party finance institution who the original bank were acting as resellers for - can't win 'em all, but its sooooo good when you win a good one Whistle
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4494224th Apr 2009 3:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fob

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

They dont charge you, you'll recieve a letter about 4 weeks after you send the reply saying thank you our records have been updated

Post #50034727th Jul 2009 11:30 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Fob, you may want to check your next annual finance statement from Black Horse..... You may find an additional £30 has been added.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #50036127th Jul 2009 12:04 pm
fob

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Checked last night mate no charge Thumbs Up

Post #50071728th Jul 2009 9:17 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >