Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Prove there are reliable D3's out there - please vote?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Is your D3 reliable?
Yes never goes to dealer except for a service
35%
 35%  [23]
Yes had a few issues, all sorted now
34%
 34%  [22]
Yes but occasional problems but nothing major
17%
 17%  [11]
No but I put up with it
7%
 7%  [5]
No and I want to change it
4%
 4%  [3]
Total Votes: 64

MVS

Quote:
Gareth
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:56 pm Post subject:

MVS wrote:
Mine is an early one and is mostly reliable (fingers crossed) apart from error messages now.

These are mainly suspension related, which seem to dissapear on a reeboot. However I am still negotiating wrt swapping this early D3 for a new one.

In summary early ones can be problematical, but awesome when functioning @ 100%, and still having another.

Are you negotiating a swap based on problems suffered, or are you just fancying a newer one?

On the problems I have suffered. Unfortunately LR keep losing the info my DP keeps sending them, but hopefully we can get something sorted this next week. Mine started playing up @ 5 months was sorted @ 6months so did not reject, but has been a pain on and off since, so relying on LR's contribution to change.

Otherwise will stick with it for now, even though it'll probably end up racking up the miles to & from the workshop for warranty work.

Post #3221210th Dec 2005 8:53 pm
THUB

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Reliability

Only two months old, So far so good I will not mention the FBH!

Post #3221510th Dec 2005 9:29 pm
BN

England 
Re: Reliability

THUB wrote:
Only two months old, So far so good I will not mention the FBH!

Hi THUB, warm welcome and pleased to see you managed to log on OK. The FBH, shhhhhhh you know too much. Speak again soon.

Post #3221610th Dec 2005 9:30 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

two and ahalf months and 2500miles in, no problems worth reporting!
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #3222911th Dec 2005 11:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

A French HSE model fully loaded with a lot of goodies and apart one or two minor problems which are not always present and usually disappear on reboot, I do really like it !

16.000km since july... And around 12L/100... Wink Those are in continental measures... Very Happy

Post #3223111th Dec 2005 12:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy4467

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Collected mine 1 week ago. I was also concerned after reading the horror stories on here, I even started to log my concerns/issues which I have since abandoned! they are too petty.

The car is great, better than all my expectations, the parking sensors arn't as good as I'm used to but in ever other respect this car is outstanding.
-3 degree C this morning - sat in car using the auto heat/defrost function, yes the FBH was working to speed up the process, I was rolling in 1 minute, front and rear screens cleared, front and rear heated seats on, stereo on, sat nav on - the car didn't miss a beat.

Forums will allways show a dis-proportionate ammount of problems - how many people would log on to announce a trouble free journey to work?

No product is without criticism and a forum is a great way of venting your anger/dissapointment without redress. I beleive this place is great source of info, however my D3 has a warranty supported by LR which I will use if needed.
Mean while I'm glad I purchased my D3 - you know I think it actually looks better dirty!
 Some say the glass is half full. Others that it is half empty. I say 'Are you drinking that?"

Cairns Blue, Ebony Leather, SE
BMW 320d M sport 

Post #3226211th Dec 2005 6:07 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Good for you Thumbs Up
I picked mine up mid - September and the Very Happy 's still there.... from what Gareth says, it appears to be a permanent feature of Disco 3 ownership Wink
and yes, I agree that defects and niggles will always be a bigger talking point. after all, nobody will comment on the vehicle performing exactly as expected - or better... day after day, will they?

Post #3226511th Dec 2005 6:51 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Andy4467 wrote:

Forums will allways show a dis-proportionate ammount of problems - how many people would log on to announce a trouble free journey to work?

Ditto: How many of us book an apponitment with the Doctor just to tell him you feel great and are 100% healthy?

Razz
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #3226911th Dec 2005 7:09 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Brilliant guys - Good result and I think it confirms my feeling that good things aren't newsworthy and that all cars suffer a degree of problems.

I think on the basis of your comments my feelings would be to go for it. Now where did I leave that money...

Thanks

Paul

Post #3227211th Dec 2005 8:03 pm
croyde

I got one as a family wagon which would be mainly driven by my wife but I want one of my own now. Smile

Post #3238612th Dec 2005 4:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >