DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

Puddle of diesel from FBH
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jamez79

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Puddle of diesel from FBH

Hi All,

I recently fitted the Land Rover remote climate and activated via iid.

I have performed a test on the fbh using the iid and it said all is working fine.

The remote is paired and works, however, this morning I pressed the fob to warm the motor and when I went outside, as it had been raining, I noticed a puddle of diesel on the floor coming from under the fbh.

I've not used the fbh since fitting the remote fob and enabling timed climate, so not sure if it's working correctly. Just concerned about the diesel coming out as the Disco's aren't exactly fuel efficient Laughing

Is there any basic tests to do before following Robbie's guide and stripping it?

Should/Does it supply heat regardless of outside temp (assuming the car and coolant is cold of course) if called for on the fob or remote timer?

Thanks in advance

Jim

I should add that I pressed the fob 30 mins before going outside and it was still cold and no evidence of it warming anything. It seems to get hot when the engine is running but that may just be the coolant flowing through it?

Probably a strip down and clean next then or would a blast of compressed air in the air intake hose do anything to assist clearing it if a tad blocked? I presume just run the engine and blow the air into it to see if it sparks into life?

Post #199173114th Oct 2018 3:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >