Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Put petrol in a diesel? Worried you (or yours) might do it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
JMC

Scotland 

I would also assume you'd have to keep the 'special tool' handy to un-tighten that which you once used the 'special tool' to tighten in the first place....... Confused
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #3294676th Aug 2008 1:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Thats right, but when mine refused to let any fuel in I was way down south and of course the tool was back at home. Luckily at the next pump there was a young guy with arms like popeye who managed to get both his hands around it and unscrew it. If it was not for him I would have been stuck.

Post #3294756th Aug 2008 1:35 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Just spoke with the manufacturer and he remembers the problems with your two units B16 KJR. He reads the forum too Thumbs Up (everyone say hello to the nice man from the anti-misfuelling company Mr. Green ) He assures me they've ironed out the problem and that the manufacturing process is now knocking out a robust unit.

I'm speaking with Martin about the terms etc. and no doubt the boss will be on later with more details Thumbs Up

Al
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3295516th Aug 2008 3:45 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

NoDo$h wrote:
everyone say hello to the nice man from the anti-misfuelling company Mr. Green

Hello!!!

Post #3295536th Aug 2008 3:49 pm
B16 KJR

Scotland 

If they have ironed out the problem its a pity they never got back in touch with me as promised. The guy I dealt with was Alex Rom, never had any problem with him regarding replacement and ultimatley refund. He was a pleasure to deal with, always answered e-mails promptly and got things sorted as promised. I know he reads the forum because he mentioned that when I first got the unit and posted the details and photos here. Hopefully they have engineered out the problem because the idea behind it is sound. I wish them all the very best for the future.

Post #3296446th Aug 2008 6:37 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

It was Alex I spoke to today. He was suitably Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed about the problems you had.

Watch this space for developments; waiting to hear back from Martin (he never writes, he never calls.... Rolling Eyes )

Wink
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3297946th Aug 2008 10:56 pm
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Guys

I bought one of these and can only say that I am pretty impressed (having committed the cardinal sin with a loaner from the stealer but realizing before putting the keys in the ignition). Alas, I did pay the previous price (nearly £100 for it - I should have waited until he did the Dragoins thing and brought the price down!).

On removability, maybe the design has changed a little, but on the fitting instructions supplied it talks of a latch locking onto the original fuel tank filler tube. However, mine had no such latch - it just clamps up tight onto the filler tube. If I really need to, I can remove the device by hand without the special tool and revert to the normal filler tube / neck and without finding a friendly popeye.

One thing to note is that the nozzle from the pump hose does not go all the way into the filler neck as normal. Instead, it seems to clamp up about 2 inches into the device, following which you fill as normal. If you look at the picture supplied, there is a black plastic ring into which the filler nozzle goes, surrounded by a stainless steel matrix and some "gauze" for lack of a better word. It is this gauze that lets the tank breath as you fill, and when you first start on any fill up you get a small amount of diesel bubbling back through the gauze (about a thimble full, so nothing to worry about). It then settles down and works with no more bubbles.

I sympathise with the guy doing the Den thing - but boy was his pitch good. Interestingly, the bit at the end when James Caan asks for his money back first when they sell a company is something he has just done with one of my clients who has raised money from his private equity fund. Perhaps it is not so strange as the other Dragons infer!

Cheers

Andy
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #3302978th Aug 2008 10:08 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

martin has gone on holiday, so there won't be any movement on the group buy until he returns I'm afraid. Sad
Post #3303048th Aug 2008 10:35 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Seems Martin has more hilidays than Terry Wogan!!!! Wink

Post #3303318th Aug 2008 11:18 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I often use the HGV pump at my local Shell station. It saves time.
Will an HGV diesel nozzle still fit with the DDN in place?
If so I'll buy one. Reasonably cheap insurance policy IMO.

Post #3303388th Aug 2008 11:33 am
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

LT

Not sure - but I know that the device is not meant to work with the high flow option on some forecourt pumps that are obviously intended for commercial vehicle users.

Andy
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #3304218th Aug 2008 2:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >