Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Q393-Detachable Towbar & LR Letter ***ALL HERE***
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 66 of 68 <123 ... 65 666768>
NeoFuture

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Tow Bar Recall

Has anyone had the same recall, if so do you have the bulletin, mine is going in august 1st they advised courtesy car as they will "need it a while"

I have the removable tow bar, but its been in there so long it doesn't "remove" anymore, LR said they will fit a permanent heavy duty tow bar if is "required"

Post #196320614th Jul 2018 12:49 am
jaws_172

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 3

Just rang up about mine, it's going in Friday am to be "assessed". Just because I do a lot of towing unless the gauge says it's requires a heavy duty one it won't get one under the program so I've been told. Will see what they say Friday. Wonder what they will tell you tomorrow.
 05 D3 S - Gone but never forgotten
EGRs blanked
19” HSE wheels
Prospeed mk1 roof basket
Front runner rear ladder
06 D3 HSE- Sold
GAP IID Tool
"In my defence I was left unsupervised" 

Post #196939131st Jul 2018 5:12 pm
Beretta

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Good luck, I told the dealer that I do plenty of towing and they said I have to stay within the new limits of the detachable, or purchase a fixed tow bar at my expense.
 2010 Disco 4 HSE
- Digital Dash Club
- GAP BT IID 

Post #196945531st Jul 2018 7:37 pm
NeoFuture

they did jack Censored and gave me a car to put 180 miles on Disco Sport HSE but I came back with "we tested it and its fine" I know for jack they didn't because the removable is stuck in and I cant get it out, after service I still cant get it out, so they didn't take it off to check at all, they gave me a slip of paper, said it was fine after testing, and ive emailed them to say as such, lets see what they say about my "Stuck" removable tow bar after there "Inspection" shall we
 No longer an owner  
Post #19703033rd Aug 2018 12:05 am
Beretta

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Thats really bad, as it shouldnt be left in - and they kept repeating this to me. I only installed it for them, so i knew it was on the car and had keys etc.

I was a little miffed that they just left it in the boot.
 2010 Disco 4 HSE
- Digital Dash Club
- GAP BT IID 

Post #19703463rd Aug 2018 8:26 am
jaws_172

Well I’m still sat in LR, 8 am first customer through the door and 30mins to assess it is creeping into the 2hr mark now. Thankful im on my 3rd coffee and there’s plenty of shiny things to look at ☕️ 😂
EGRs blanked
19” HSE wheels
Prospeed mk1 roof basket
Front runner rear ladder
06 D3 HSE- Sold
GAP IID Tool

Post #19703663rd Aug 2018 9:51 am
jaws_172

So I’m told it’s within spec but I’m strongly advised if I do more than occasional or heavy towing to get a fixed one. On the plus side I had no keys for my tow bar and he’s worked it out with a hammer, so I can now both remove my tow bar and I have two new keys for it 🙂
EGRs blanked
19” HSE wheels
Prospeed mk1 roof basket
Front runner rear ladder
06 D3 HSE- Sold
GAP IID Tool

Post #19703673rd Aug 2018 10:25 am
NeoFuture

Given a slip of paper after I Censored ed them off....

I arrived they said "it a 30 minute fix you won't need the courtesy car"

my response was "yes I do, ive got to go to Peterborough" anyway long story short they gave me a 2018 disco sport HSE which, my opinions on are for another post...

190 miles later in the HSE they call and say my car is ready and there is no apparent damage.

2 hours later I return, pick up my car with a slip of paper on the passenger seat.

The disco sport that gave me, looked great but it felt like I was driving an Astra Sad if I had bought that car I would have been disappointed, thats not to say I wouldn't have been unhappy given one for free, it just didn't feel like a good 4x4
 No longer an owner  
Post #197312212th Aug 2018 12:21 am
Max100

Northern Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Unfortunately this recall ended at the end of 2018 😩

Post #204842024th Apr 2019 10:51 pm
Sprowie

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

This weekend on collecting my Caravan from Storage with my 2005 D3 I became a casualty of the removable towbar issue, luckily nobody was injured and someone must have been looking down on me as the caravan ending up in a ditch missing 2 large trees 🌳 🌳
I have contacted jaguar Land Rover customer services they said they knew nothing of the problem and directed me to my local Landrover dealer.
The local dealer were not at first forth coming with info until I had told the the info I had from this tread, they said they would speak to the engineer and come back to me.
They called me back saying they would need my car for 5hrs to repair the issue but the campaign had ended in 2018 so the cost would be mine at £154 per hour.
As you can imagine my response wasn’t a positive one, they advised me to get back in touch with JLR Customer Service department which I did, the conversation went on a little but key points is that

1. In October 2017 they should of made contact with all owners with a vehicle with this known issue

2. The customer satisfaction program was called for from the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency after a full investigation by them.

3. In my opinion If you owned the vehicle in 207 and wasn’t contacted by JLR they haven’t completed there due diligence, they could have got the current owners vehicle details from the DVLA.

I am currently making copies of my vehicles V5 documents to prove the last I was the owner of the vehicle within the campaign and given them all my concerns on this issue, the main one being that I could have killed somebody and be facing a possible manslaughter charge, if I have no joy with this I’m going to try the DVSA to find there stance on this matter.

Post #20516438th May 2019 9:29 pm
DirtBuddha

United Kingdom 

I'd be VERY interested in the DVSA's response on this, as I'm utterly disappointed by JLR's response to me on this last week.

Mine is a 2006 car, bought 2 months ago. I became aware of the "randomly-self-detaching-towbar" (Q393) issue via this Forum.

I called Harwoods, my local LR Dealer and they told me the Q393 program had expired and told me to call JLR Customer Services. When I called them, the girl I spoke to was pretty dismissive, her attitude was "it's a 13 year old car, what do you expect / its past it's service life", which I found a very, very disappointing stance to take - so much for saving the Planet in today's throw-away society. I obviously should just bin a viable car and buy a new one. Sad

I said that I was surprised Land Rover wouldn't stand by their product and that given that this is a serious, well-known issue with potentially fatal consequences, it could reflect very negatively on JLR should the worst happen.

To say that she couldn't have cared less and fobbed me off would be an understatement.

Pretty outrageous really.. what will it take - someone to be killed before JLR live up to an obligation to make products that don't kill people?

Post #205361416th May 2019 2:14 pm
latnutgub

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Just saw this in the DM. Looks like the towbar dropped right off. Always have a big chain on mine.
Hope the driver and pax are ok.

Post #20739956th Aug 2019 4:15 pm
david rice

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 3

My wife tows her horse-trailer with our 2010 Disco 4 most weekends and the tow-bar is definitely getting looser. The thought of the tow-bar just dropping out is horrifying. Clearly something needs doing urgently. The car was checked under the recall in 2015 before I owned it but nothing was done. I feel I should be entitled to get the fixed tow-bar put on by LR but the local dealer and LR customer services don't want to know. Has anyone had any joy with either LR or DVSA? Thanks.

Post #20802922nd Sep 2019 5:27 pm
Hot Tub

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Decided not worth the risk and got a fixed one luckily for a member. But just doesn't feal want to risk the loss of caravan or the injury it might cause to others. The prosepect of a hoarse box detatching goes to another level. I agree that JLR should sort it it but for the cost of fixed one in my mind a no brainer Exclamation
 Welsh Collie Chauffeur Service To Barney & Rooney.  
Post #20803062nd Sep 2019 5:46 pm
Dr Jones

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi, has anyone from outside the EU / UK being contacted by LR on this issue, or had the inspection done?

When this appeared a lot of us in SA contacted LRSA during 2015 but got fobbed off. I contacted them and 'jlrcamp@jaguarlandrover.com' two weeks ago as I nearly lost the van. Apart from requesting the VIN two days later my e-mails have gone unanswered.

Post #210163824th Nov 2019 3:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 66 of 68 <123 ... 65 666768>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >