Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Re-fixing Drivers Door Exterior Plastic Trim
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwhwsmith

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Re-fixing Drivers Door Exterior Plastic Trim

The exterior plastic trim at the botoom of the drivers door has come loose at one end (the 'not the hinge' end) after I closed it over an ice build up on my side-steps.

It looks like the trim is held on by a combination of yellow clips and a couple of more solid black clips. However I am struggling to figure out how to fix this (I don;t particularly want the inconvience of a dealer visit).

Was hoping I could get some guidance on:

a) How to remove the trium at the hinged end of the door so that I can get access to replace the black clip
b) Where to source the black clip (and perhaps some yellow ones if any of those are also broken) - obviously the dealers can do it but someone must be able to post these to me
c) How to replace the trim

Any guidance would be very helpful

Thanks
- M

Post #74492611th Jan 2011 1:58 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Seems it is every week I have to give mine a kick with the toe of my boot to knock it back on. It stays on at the hinge end - just needs a FIRM tap to pop the others back. TLO will be the man for a bag of clips if any have gone missing, but they dont usually fall off.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #74492911th Jan 2011 2:03 pm
bongy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

let me know how you get on as mine fell off in the ice too! Laughing
 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6 55 Buckingham Blue Base
15% tints / Group Buy Stainless Steel Sill Plates / Trillogy B144 tailpipes / Stupidly Large Steel Bull Bar 8)
EGR Blanking plates / Side Steps / Very Big LR roof Box / BAS remap Smile
New AC condensor / New Clutch & DM Flywheel / New Air Compressor, pipe set & Relay/another new clutch plate thanks to SWMBO/ new cross over pipe (without the body coming off) Sad
Suzuki GSX1400 - its all torque! 8)
Bayliner 175 Capri Very Happy
Adria 660SP motorhome Smile 

Post #74493911th Jan 2011 2:23 pm
Discoed

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

The edge of mine is loose at the 'non hinge' end - pressure seems not to have worked, any other ideas?

Post #74495111th Jan 2011 2:45 pm
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

A firm whack rather than pressure. Toe of boot as above, or block of wood and a mallet.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #74495211th Jan 2011 2:47 pm
bongy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

funny enough the car has just come back from brake servo recall with SWMBO and they have refitted it stating that the clip that holds the non hinge side (black one) was 'the old type' and there is a new modified clip to stop it happening again! Razz

They refitted it all with the new clip and also fitted a new filler cap clip and gaitor all FOC Very Happy

Stratstones in Aylesbury we salute you Thumbs Up
 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6 55 Buckingham Blue Base
15% tints / Group Buy Stainless Steel Sill Plates / Trillogy B144 tailpipes / Stupidly Large Steel Bull Bar 8)
EGR Blanking plates / Side Steps / Very Big LR roof Box / BAS remap Smile
New AC condensor / New Clutch & DM Flywheel / New Air Compressor, pipe set & Relay/another new clutch plate thanks to SWMBO/ new cross over pipe (without the body coming off) Sad
Suzuki GSX1400 - its all torque! 8)
Bayliner 175 Capri Very Happy
Adria 660SP motorhome Smile 

Post #74496111th Jan 2011 3:12 pm
buda

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
door trim

I just fixed mines today. It fell off completely due to ice on the sidestep. There are 14 connectors and two big lugs to locate it in place. 3 of the conectors were black one piece types, and 11 were yellow and white two piece types, the black ones broke completely, but the 11 two piece ones split (correctly) with the yellow pin end in the door locating holes and the white socket ends remaining in the trim. I got three new yellow white locaters from dealer ~ 76 pence each (they said the black ones are not in the blown up drawing now)..... fitted to the trim and used quite a bit of hammering with my hand to get it fitted back on the door....see pics

well see pics in my gallery.

how do you get pics displayed here in the reply??

Post #74497311th Jan 2011 4:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >