DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

RE: Uneven Tyre Wear on 05 Disco3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JC100

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
RE: Uneven Tyre Wear on 05 Disco3

Can anyone help me out here.
05 Disco3 TDV6 HSE went in for 3rd service and warranty bits before the manufacturers warranty runs out.
Car has only done 23,000miles and was last seen by dealer just before xmas for winter health check and several times last year including a service at end of March.

Today they tell me 3 tyres are unevenly worn down to 2mm on the inside edges of both rears and a front.

When questioned about possible known wear issues on Disco's they claim it isnt a common problem and its because the geometry is out.... again something that was checked last march.

I have asked them to check TSB= LA204-008 and wating for them to get back to me.
I guess a call to LR customer service maybe in store as I know these tyres can do more then 30k before changing.

What does anyone else reckon?

Best Regards
JC

Post #28007331st Mar 2008 4:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AVE
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

My car had a similar problem last April when it went in for 30k service. The rear tyres were practically down to the canvas on the inside edges.

The suspension arm bushes were badly worn... managed to get all the repairs PLUS 2 rear tyres done under warranty. I think I was very lucky to get the tyres replaced Bow down to LR Customer Services!
 As you slide down the banister of life
may no splinters point your way

Disco XXV
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY16
Discovery Sport HSE Lux MY17

Evoque HSE Dynamic MY16 (Gone)
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY14 (Lovely car but preferred the Disco!)
Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE MY05 (owned for 11 years and now gone)
Range Rover Sport HSE MY11 (Gone)
Freelander2 SE (Gone but the most reliable car we've ever owned)
Disco 2 V8 (Gone) 

Post #28007531st Mar 2008 5:00 pm
SN

seem to remember there was a mileage limit to when you could claim on this one - 23,000 miles is probably well beyond it ... also well beyond what I would have got out of my 18" Pirelli Zeros if I'd not switched to th 17" ST's last year
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #28007731st Mar 2008 5:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JC100

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Will give LR customer service a bell as it should have been picked up earlier by the dealer irrespective of mileage. The 18" wranglers last longer than the scorpions and the wear is more than just a bit uneven.

fingers crossed as @ £140 per tyre its an expensive trip including the service and another 180 for the four wheel geometry setup.

Many thanks
JC

Post #2803331st Apr 2008 6:39 am
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
You are not alone!!!

Had it happen twice on my previous 05 D3 - Geometry both times!!. Big fight with LR customer services which got it fixed both times with 4 new tyres 1st time and 3??? 2nd time as LR would not fund the 4th!!!. Problem is that LR keep changing the thinking on what the geometry should be - tyre wear issues keep on making them change the spec on this.
Under warranty the 1st Geo check is included but they will want to charge for any subsequent checks even though their spec keeps checking. Seems like we are all guinea pigs on this whilst LR pontificate on the solution at our cost.

Keep pressing for repairs at their cost.

Thumbs Up

Post #2811772nd Apr 2008 5:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >