Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Rear audio controls not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
PhilW

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Rear audio controls not working

For some reason, all my rear audio controls stopped working, with no sound coming through the headphones.

My first thought was whether they could have been switched off during a recent service, however when I tried them once more before writing this message, the controls on one door came back on (after holding down the mode button) but the other three are still out of action.

Is there a control or menu option that I am not aware of?

Post #40194814th Jan 2009 7:27 am
phurley

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

So if you select a source on the IHU (say, CD) that is audible over the vehicle speakers, then you press Mode on one of the rear audio controls repeatedly (which cycles the sources), you get no sound on the headphones? Could it be the headphones - try a different set - with the same procedure.

AFAIK, there's no customer-serviceable control or menu option to enable/disable the rear audio controls. And the fact that one is working would suggest a malfunction, not a setting.

Post #40341416th Jan 2009 2:34 pm
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

when you press the mode button and select the same as the main unit it disables the headset and the controls so set the head unit to radio and set the rears to cd and then check if the headsets are working.
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #40342816th Jan 2009 3:17 pm
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Also when you press and hold the mode button for (I think) 3-5 secs it switches to the Aux input, which is what i suspect you did on the one door
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #40343016th Jan 2009 3:19 pm
BORDER ROVER

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had this problem that one of the controls in the back did not work. After a bit of fault finding by myself i.e. changing of headphones, selecting the various modes turning up the volume. In the end i took the D3 to my stealer and they traced it to a part of the amplifier which had to be changed. Sorry don't know which bit.
 POT NOODLE NAVIGATION CHALLENGE 2010 WINNER
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #40349316th Jan 2009 5:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PhilW

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks for the advice chaps.

Another one has now come back on (so at least I now have working controls along the drivers side of the car!). The headphones are not LR ones, but I am sure that they are OK as they work in two of the rear controls.

There are supposedly some voice commands that turn the rear controls and headphone sockets on & off, but after 20 minutes of trying I can't get it to recognise the commands, despite trying range of different accents!

Looks like it may well be an amplifier problem, but I'll wait a while before taking it in to the stealers, just in case the remaining controls come back to life on their own!

Post #40401117th Jan 2009 1:37 pm
phurley

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

tintenter wrote:
when you press the mode button and select the same as the main unit it disables the headset and the controls so set the head unit to radio and set the rears to cd and then check if the headsets are working.

This source lockout is not by design and is addressed by a general IHU/HLDF/Amp reprogramming: TSB LA415-003 - Infotainment System Fault Diagnosis Information.

My system can play same source on both main speakers and headsets plugged into rear seat controls.

PhilW wrote:
There are supposedly some voice commands that turn the rear controls and headphone sockets on & off, but after 20 minutes of trying I can't get it to recognise the commands, despite trying range of different accents!

These are only enabled if you have the factory-fitted rear seat entertainment system.

Post #40454618th Jan 2009 6:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >