Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Rear Seat Entertainment and a Dreadful Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Gazzer

United Kingdom 

I do hope they o0ffer you recompense for not having your new car, as well as fixing the problem. I would make sure when you collect that the car is mint, both inside and out. At least 3 years free servicing ought to do it. (mind you could you trust them they would do it properly if doing it FOC?)

G

Post #30088519th May 2008 9:46 pm
r1ure

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Gazzer,
Your last point hits the nail on the head........ trust is the issue with Land Rover.
Trust in their product and trust in the dealership network.

Usually trust in both are dented pretty quickly and then it takes a great deal of time to recover either. Others seem to be quite fortunate and have good dealerships who are able to get things sorted without fuss and not make things any worse in the process, the rest of us are ............. well you know what happens to the rest of us you can read it here on a daily basis.

I've never had a vehicle that has developed so many faults in such a short period of ownership, but somehow I still manage to forgive but it is very dificult to forget.

Post #30095320th May 2008 12:20 am
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Nodsy

An interesting problem...and one that is known to LR Confused

I am currently waiting for delivery of a new HSE with the RSE, and it is being held up (for two plus weeks so far) whilst LR work out the fix rather than send out duff vehicles. I understand that there is one specific component (according to my dealer anyway) that is causing the problem and they have had to wait for a new batch to arrive.

As to my dealer, he has been fantastic. We arranged a trade-in for the old car, which he took in on the due date for my LR and he then gave me an XS spec D3 (okay, not an HSE, but with only a few miles on the clock and 08MY) loan car for as long as it takes for my HSE to arrive - and he knows I will be clocking up nearly 2k miles this month on trips!

I can only say that whilst I am now really really looking forward to the HSE (the XS is great, but i need my toys 8) ), the dealer has given me the next best thing and deserves to be given a gold star for service.

Post #30149821st May 2008 3:36 pm
Nodsy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I am really interested to learn that LR know there is a problem because nobody is saying anything to me.

In fact communications have gone completely silent from the dealer since Monday night (despite being promised a call on Tuesday). LRCC called me today to say they were still having intermittent problems with the screen in the car but were working towards the Friday deadline. They said the dealer would call me tonight. I do have a loan car but nothing as exotic as a TDV6 XS, I am in a Jag something or other....all I know is it doesn't have seven seats which I need at the weekend when I go to France.

Post #30156221st May 2008 5:51 pm
Nodsy

Just had a call from the dealer. Apparently they are now replacing all the wiring between the screen and the other components which involves a huge amount of stripping down the interior Big Cry if they do get it working I am going to be inspecting the interior for damage as in my experience these things never quite go back together properly. I will be very annoyed Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad if it turns out they didn't need to do this and there is a know problem with the car which is a far simpler fix. Still at least they have called me.

Post #30156521st May 2008 6:14 pm
John Fair

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I must have one off the first 8.5 RSE in mine and have had no problems with it at all so i am interested to find out what these common problems are? It all sounds a bit odd as it is a RR system that has been around for a while. I do however have a problem with the holes in the seatback on the passenger side for the headrest which are in the wrong place and show as a hole in the leather with the headrest raised. Can you have a look at yours to see if it is the same? the dealers have tried to realign the seat back cover but it still isnt right so shall be going back in for a new one. The dealer said put the headrest down so you cant see it Shocked I said not Evil or Very Mad

Post #30220422nd May 2008 11:05 pm
Nodsy

John, if I ever see my car again (still at the dealer, promissed a call yesterday but no one bothered to make contact) I will have a look and let you know.

I am going to France tomorrow for a week so I may not be in contact for a while. Have arranged an alternative car at my cost as the dealer isn't speaking to me.

Post #30230223rd May 2008 9:55 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Nodsy,

Whilst this is clearly frustrating and annoying, a couple of suggestions.........first, you don't need to persevere with the dealer once you get your car back - use Harwoods if that is your preference; second, given the treatment you have received I would take the matter up with LR at highest level and insist that your three year warranty period for the entire vehicle starts from the point you agree that the issue has been fixed.

Finally, consumer law is a minefield. Some of the comments in this thread do not reflect reality, should you choose to pursue the matter through the courts; DG is pretty much spot on.

I am sure that you now have the fullest attention of the dealer and all will be resolved, after all the car is assembled from parts!

Post #30255223rd May 2008 10:28 pm
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Nodsy

Hope the trip went okay?

As to it being a known fault, all I can tell you is what my dealer tells me, which comes from a lady at LR. My car has been delayed from an expected delivery of 5 May due to this, and we are now expecting delivery "later this week".

On the systems front, whilst it is based on the FFRR one, I am not sure if the whole audio based electrical system is the same, which may be why there are teething problems. It may also just be a QC problem, but I thought all this kit was Alpine made, and they have a great QC reputation.

I will also check the seat backs when I get mine - thanks John for the heads up. Thumbs Up

Post #30323326th May 2008 8:55 pm
John Fair

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

With regards to the headrest holes being in the wrong place,the car went in today to have a new seat fitted under warranty. The dealer has just rung me to tell me that when the new seat was unpacked it was black in colour. Shame mine is cream. So another wasted trip. Should i ask him to fit it anyway and also a black one in the opposite rear and to leave the windows open so we can play draughts? Very Happy

Post #30964912th Jun 2008 3:18 pm
heapster

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Just down the road from Gatwick, Harwoods Edenbridge have an excellent service shop - they even repaired my squealing EPB under warranty - first class staff and always do a great job.

The sales staff are fecking useless but you can't have everything....

Post #30965512th Jun 2008 3:48 pm
andih

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

hi, hope you get the problem sorted. must admit, i find the dealer shocking form what you say.
i use, as does my family, marshalls at melton mowbray, and have done for the past 4 or 5 years. after spending (wasting) money at the independants i found it perversly cheaper in real terms to take my old td5 to the dealer.
personaly ive nothing but praise for them. can book my car in whenever i wasnt, within reason, always get a free courtesy car, mine wahed etc, always kept informed to progress and the like. from a personal perspective, i can't fault them.
was so impressed that i brought my D3 from them. yet again aftersales was very good as has been warranty work, with the exception being LR themselves. but due to the nature of the problem i can kind of appreciate that. there again, i had the courtesty car for as long as i needed it etc..
so hopefully not all dealers are as bad as the ones you deal with.
andy.
 2008 D3 SE auto, Java black
Previous ‘ermy' 2007 D3 tdv6 xs java black,
formerly 'eeyore' 1992 D1 200tdi heavily mod
'cherry' 2000 D2 td5 slightly mod. my lil baby for 4 yrs

its nice to be important, but more important to be nice 

Post #31003513th Jun 2008 1:35 pm
omad123

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Hi just picking up in this thread I've just bought a 2009 discovery 3 HSE and for the life of me can't get the rear entertainment screens on . All the front is working and all sound but just nothing on the rear screens at all.???

Post #201367730th Dec 2018 11:57 am
Gazzdid

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You might want to start a new thread Omad, this one is over 10 years old!!

Post #201368730th Dec 2018 1:06 pm
hugeviking

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Wonder how Nodsy got on.

Andi.

Post #201374230th Dec 2018 6:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >