Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Rear Seat Entertainment and a Dreadful Dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Nodsy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Rear Seat Entertainment and a Dreadful Dealer

I am a new member to this forum although I have been reading it for over a year.

I took delivery of a new TDV6 HSE 2 weeks ago from Guy Salmon in Gatwick and have only managed to do 85 miles in the car (all of which are trips to and from the dealer).

Does anybody have any experience of the Rear Seat Entertainment Package (the one with screens in the rear of the front head rests) Question The problem I have is that the one on the drivers side doesn't work. Is this a known fault Question Has anybody else had this problem Question

The other problem I have is the dealer, Guy Salmon. The whole transaction has been pretty shambolic (forgetting to get my signature on documents, loosing my insurance certificate, etc) however the way they handled my problem with the DVD is Censored shocking. The first time I took the car back they said there was nothing wrong and treated me like I was a child Evil or Very Mad . The second time they kept the car for a week, didn't give me a loan car and gave my car back with the screen still not working but with mess all over the drivers seat Banging Head Banging Head . They now have the car for the third time (I know do have a loan car because I lost my temper) and we will see what happens Evil or Very Mad Is this part of the change in ownership that the Dealers are required to mimic the service you get from a call centre in India Question

My question is are other dealers better or is this what you get with Landrover Question

Post #30013217th May 2008 8:58 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

reject the car and see if that gets their attention, otherwise goto a different stealer.

cheers

Pom

Post #30013617th May 2008 9:02 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Welcome Nodsy to the world of Land Rover service, You should have had a loan car at your first attempted repair, however I would you let the dealer know that you will reject the car after a third unsuccessfully attempt at fixing the vehicle.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #30013717th May 2008 9:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nodsy

Thanks pom. Do you know where I stand legally? If I bought a TV and it didn't work I know I am entitled to my money back; is it the same with a car?

Post #30013817th May 2008 9:07 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

well i bought a used d3 from a stealer and the LR site says i can return it within 30 days if its a melon. I'm sure you can do the same.

Have you called LR assist out to look at it ?

Give them a call they are open 24x7 and you've paid for it so get them out )

Pom

Post #30014117th May 2008 9:09 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I can't believe they are so bad, its shocking. Personally, I would be wanting a calm face to face meeting with the DP for his explanation of the issues, and why they left your car in such a state.

If that does not get it sorted quick, then Land Rover Customer Services will want to hear about it.

Post #30014517th May 2008 9:13 pm
Nodsy

I haven't had the car to call them out. The dealer has had the car for most of the time I have owned it! To be fair I had a TDV6 7 Seat previously and Landrover assist were very helpful when the parking break pads jamed the rear wheels whilst I was in France. And the dealer I bought it from (Sturgess) was pretty good. I just didn't expect to be dealt with like this.

Post #30014617th May 2008 9:15 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Land Rover Assistance may only come out if your vehicle is immobilised ...not necessarily for a DVD Wink You are unlikely to be able to reject the vehicle on the basis of a faulty DVD player. You could try another dealer under warranty though. Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton have always provided excellent service IMO Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #30014917th May 2008 9:23 pm
Ken

Might be cheeky but do you know how the RES works first of all is it switched off on the front screen is it switched to DVD ?

Post #30016217th May 2008 9:58 pm
Nodsy

I have spent a lot of time with the instruction manual looking to see if I am missing something but even the dealer does (finally) agree that it isn't working properly. They had four different people look at it today all of whom agreed that it wasn't working. My frustration is why don't they take a customer seriously unless you get angry?
I was wondering if this system is known to be problematic, I don't see many discovery 3 with it so is it something I should have avoided? I had had a quote from a car HiFi dealer in Weybridge to have this type of rear seat entertainment retro fitted at a cost of £1000 (almost half the Landrover cost) and right now I think I probably should have bought a standard car and had this fitted.

Post #30017117th May 2008 10:13 pm
mick

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

No concelation to you but Guy Salmon Wakefield are very good.

Post #30017217th May 2008 10:14 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

Guy Salmon in Knutsford are equally shambolic.

Paul

Post #30027718th May 2008 9:24 am
SEAS

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Write a letter to Mike Mulholland personally (he's director of customer service at LR) I used :oops:to have his mobile number and from past experience, when he gets involved, things happen very quickly. With his help, I managed to get a freelander changed because of faulty paintwork which the stealer denied. After 11K miles and repeated threats, after speaking to Mike, the dealer principle was on the phone within 5 minutes asking what colour I wanted on the new car!!! You are able to reject the car on the basis that the DVD does't work, after all it must be fit for purpose and if it is not working, it's not fit for purpose, no different than as if the wheels fell off, you have paid for it and therefore it should work, simple as that.

pm sent

Post #30035718th May 2008 3:38 pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear of your woes.

How come you didn't go to GS at Thames Ditton? Bought mine from there after visiting a few local dealers and found the experience to be totally pain free. Is you car brand new or a pre-reg? If pre-reg then you have the 30 day exchange period.

G

Post #30038918th May 2008 6:46 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

SEAS wrote:
You are able to reject the car on the basis that the DVD does't work, after all it must be fit for purpose and if it is not working, it's not fit for purpose, no different than as if the wheels fell off, you have paid for it and therefore it should work, simple as that.

You might want to reject it but the law states that the dealer has to be given reasonable opportunities to resolve the issue. What you and the dealership think is reasonable might be two different things Wink We can't all phone up our buddy Mike eh Wink ....feck....he wouldn't have time ...and LR would go bankrupt if he had to deal with all the letters that might emanate from this site ....I could think of a thousand rejections on the basis of the EPB alone Laughing Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #30039518th May 2008 7:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >