Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Rear Wiper Blade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Disco3.co.uk is actually mentioned on the wiper blade section of the speeding.co.uk website.

It would be nice if they were to offer site members a discount!
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #5993368th Feb 2010 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Well I've been in touch - let's see Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #5993388th Feb 2010 1:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Cheers phil! Thumbs Up

Martin have you been in tough with them? (edit: doh! typing slow today) Maybe they'd be interested, seeing as they promote the item with reference to the site anyway Wink (with your consent I assume? Whistle )

Post #5993548th Feb 2010 2:12 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Biz wrote:
Mine are also coming up for replacement but am (as usual Laughing ) somehow unclear on parts from speeding:

This seems to be the rear wiper in question: http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Valeo_X...html#a1560

But also this seems to be the rear wiper (part no UM665): http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Valeo_X...html#a4561

No clue which is the correct part number for the fronts though Confused

Any help from those who have bought them from said supplier?

Cheers!

I had a go at them yesterday, the site is pretty rubbish for searching, if you search for Discovery3 OR Disco3 OR Discovery e.t.c. you get nothing. Also when you check out there is No..... would you like to check what you bought first, No, you touch a button expecting to go to that screen and then nothing, so I had another go and same again, then ping on my e-mail and see that I have bought two bloody sets of everything Evil or Very Mad Now having wasted about an hour trying to find the blades I rang up to cancel the second order, to be fair they were in on a Sunday but when I moaned about the site they said I was the first to complain and that I should have just entered the product code! Give me a break I said, if I am just looking for Discovery blades and don't know the code what then? well, he said, we get so and so amount of business from the forum every day, they can find it, so I said, what about all the business you could be losing? So he did a search himself on their website and found Censored all, just as I said, Oh! it's not my department he said that is IT Sad At that point I was losing the will to live and told them to ensure I was refunded for one of the orders and thanked them for wasting an hour plus of my time through their incompetence and sheer rubbish check out that had TOTALLY Censored wound me up causing me all that grief. BEWARE after you press OK on your credit card details you get nothing else, zilch, nowt, zero confirmation online that anything has Censored happened or that anything will be Censored sent to you Evil or Very Mad You do however get an e-mail, but if you are not at a machine with instant e-mail or have some other device you would not have a Censored clue what was going on.

Well according to them I am the only stupid Censored in the country Sad But then again what about all the other stupid Censored they never knew about who gave up trying to find anything Laughing

NEVER AGAIN, but interesting they deem it appropriate to name Disco3 on their advertising and don't sponsor the site and are very open about all the business they get through this site Wink

By the way the company product website does not even list Land Rovers, so that was another 30 Censored minutes I wasted on that Evil or Very Mad

Nurse...Nurse....

Last edited by Discotres on 8th Feb 2010 2:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #5993708th Feb 2010 2:29 pm
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Blimey discotres, what a Censored of a Censored experience! Wink

Hope you get your blades as expected at least! Thumbs Up

Post #5993768th Feb 2010 2:33 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

Not had any problems with them or the site. Usually very quick with the order and helpful on the phone if there are issues - like only ordering one blade rather than a set of 2. However I bookmarked the page that was referred to in the original thread that discusses the Valeo blades.

Blades are Thumbs Up although the wear indicators are a bit pessimistic. Rear blade was on special offer if you got the fronts last time I got a set.

Post #5993788th Feb 2010 2:38 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I think definately just phone, teh guy I spoke to was very pleasant in fairness, but another thing was that they do not state ttheir opening hours by the tel number, so I assumed it was 9-5 Monday to Friday, I suggested that they state their manned telephone/opening days and times on the site, but I guess that has gone into the good ideas trash can as well as my others Razz

So the moral is never assume anything, if no days or times for opening shown just ring the Censored number because it could save you going Censored MAD!!! and being inconvenienced EVEN AFTER YOU EVENTUALLY PERSISTED ON THEIR SITE AND FOUND THE Censored PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #5993838th Feb 2010 2:44 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Alex08 wrote:

......although the wear indicators are a bit pessimistic.

My thoughts exactly when I fitted my 1st pair! Just ignore the wear indicators Thumbs Up
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #5994228th Feb 2010 3:53 pm
Annabelle

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Very Happy rear wiper ordered with no Censored problem! However I have 2 confirmation emails in my inbox, maybe I will get 2 blades Very Happy. oh, and thank you to James for the link.

Post #5995508th Feb 2010 8:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >