Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Restricted Performance 2015 Discovery 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AJF

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
Restricted Performance 2015 Discovery 4

hi All, i have just bought a 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 sdv6 HSE Luxury. after a week of driving there was an excessive pressure noise coming from the o/s which i soon found to be the O/S exhaust pipe come away from its join onto the DPF. which i have fixed/renewed. it now has no power and a code of P0299 which is Turbo underboost. this will clear until you drive it

1. i have checked all hoses and renewed top intercooler hose as i know they can collapse
2. Inlet manifolds are ok.
3. Turbo recirculation valve - removed checked and renewed vacuum valve.
4 . Air mass Meters appear to be working correctly.
5. DPF is only showing 8 G of soot so does not show blocked.
6 Serviced with all genuine filters
7. Mobil 1 ESP 5/30 oil used.
8. no other codes come up.
9. we have smoke tested both sides of the inlet/intercooler and no smoke leaks

we have Autel , Snap on Modus and a Omitec reader and all reading the same

can anyone help ?
has anyone else had this problem with the exhaust
Was there a pressure problem that caused the exhaust to blow apart in the first place?

many thanks Adrian

Post #207156427th Jul 2019 11:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

That code in workshop man describes the following:

P029900
Turbocharger/Supercharger A Underboost Condition No sub type information
Air intake system, boost air system high pressure boost air leak Air intake system, low pressure intake blocked or restricted Supercharger rotors worn or damaged Air intake system pressure sensors incorrect readings Supercharger failure
Test air intake system, boost air system for air leaks Check air intake system, low pressure intake for blockages or restriction Check condition of supercharger and rotors Check engine control module for related air intake system pressure sensor DTCs and refer to this DTC index Check and install new supercharger as require

Hope it helps a bit
Rgds
Greg

Post #207157527th Jul 2019 12:10 pm
annette

Costa Rica 

How is your manifold pressure?

Check carefully the manifold pressure under load , the air flow and temperature.

Please post the result

I wouldn't put too much trouble into the DPF.
If you take them out and weld it up again as if it was there, you get a patch from Pete Bell and your car will fly.
 Fixing LR problems very far from Solihull.
That's why my newest car is a 1999 Disco 2 V8 with 285.000 miles

The problem is the missing documentation, not the LR 

Post #20735354th Aug 2019 1:57 pm
AJF

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4
SCR Cat Blocked

hi All thanks for your input. i have now removed the SCR and all power has been resumed. I thought 2 weeks ago that the ADBLUE system wasn't reading correctly but no fault codes . i now want to find out if its due a Software update as i dont think the ADBLUE injector is spraying fluid, which would be the reason why it is blocked. It drives fine without the SCR and im not going to put it back until i can ensure that the ADBLUE system is working correctly.
Rewind to two weeks ago when the problem first occured with the exhaust coming apart at the downpipe join,The car registered 4568 mile range on the car (DEF) - it has an 18.7 litre Adblue tank and out of curiosity i decided to top it up. I managed to get 18.5 litres of adblue in, so in my mind it ran out - But no warnings on the car, so something is a miss on the ADBLUe system.

its also much more powerful and economical without the SCR in place. 100 miles covered yesterday. ive missed it!

Post #20738125th Aug 2019 4:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

One thing worth noting is that there have been reports of people filling up the adblue with much more than they expected only to find they have problems because it is overfilled.
The advice is you must always leave an air gap in the adblue tank. Some people have had to drain several litres. Here's the advice from Steve Norman on the following topic:

https://www.disco4.com/forum/filling-adblue-171694.html

"Be careful of ‘brimming’ the adblue tank, as they use an ultrasonic sensor. If there isn’t an airspace in the top of the tank, it’ll read empty!
I have already had to drain some Range Rover sport and evoque tanks due to this.

When filling correctly, using SDD, it displays the quantity needed to fill to the correct amount. This should be added, and no more. Sometimes a couple of attempts are needed to get the total amount right.
I suspect that, as this is a bit time consuming, some places don’t do it fully.

I remember reading a service message on Topix stating that dealers should not use the small bottles, as it’s a waste of money, and should use the corrrect filling tank special tool"
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #20738785th Aug 2019 10:31 pm
Washwipe

England 

If the SCR is blocked, wouldn’t that create back pressure at the DPF and force it to regen, no? Or at least put up the DPF warning lighting it can’t clear Question Along with the iid tool I also have a Draper Expert Service Tablet, it will tell me how long it has been since it’s done a regen along with it able to force a regen.

Post #20740596th Aug 2019 6:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >