Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Restricted performance- should the dealer investigate?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
stick

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR4
Restricted performance- should the dealer investigate?

I have reported on another thread that my 3 week old, 950 mile HSE had restricted performance message yesterday. Spoke to dealer as per manual, he doesn't want to investigate - says that one off messages are not unusual and often leave nothing for them to see. Can anyone confirm that, or should I insist that they investigate?

Is anyone else having this problem on recent cars?
 d4 HSE  
Post #6445644th May 2010 10:29 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

A one off coiuld be that, but if it happens a secodn time, definately have it checked. Has it been in for the D4 enhancement package?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #6445704th May 2010 10:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stick

I think that the VIN number (5362**) is high enough that it should not need the update package!
 d4 HSE  
Post #6445894th May 2010 11:12 am
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

it was a fault, it will be logged, get him to read it, note it down and clear the fault log. if it happens again you have proof that something is wrong (sticky turbo solenoid ?).
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #6446324th May 2010 12:24 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Call Land Rover Assistance and the tech will come out and investigate.....most of them are miles better than the dealer's spare part fitters and they are more interested
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #6447664th May 2010 5:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
stick

Thank you for your comments, had arranged to take it in after dd comment, only just read comment from Mwestcrew re LRA. Will try them next time!

Turned out they had to do a software upgrade first (with two free bottles of wine!). Good call Bodsy. This was a major surprise as the car is a very recent VIN and I had asked the salesman if it had the latest software at PDI. So anyone collecting a new d4, check with the service engineer! They discovered a fault code on the EPB (loose somewhere) and rectified that, but I think that was not the cause of the restricted performance. Fully expect to have it happen again - I will try LRA,
 d4 HSE  
Post #6450915th May 2010 1:19 pm
ShropshireLad

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I had a similar error message come up a couple of times; turning the ignition off for a few minutes seemed to solve the problem.

3rd or 4th time it refused to clear, and as I had a 200 mile trip the next day (just before Christmas) I called out LRA. Chap arrived 45 mins later and said it was to do with the mass air flow sensor / turbo solenoid. He wrote down the fault codes on the report sheet before clearing them from the system; then arranged for a repair with my local dealers and explained it would be safe to drive home.

The dealer kept my D4 for 3 days but refused to do the work as they couldn't print off the fault codes - something apparently needed for LR to cover under the warranty - and couldn't recreate the problem.

2 weeks later and the error returned. LRA came out again and found the same problem (suggested the first technician shouldn't have cleared the history but were amazed that the dealer had refused to do the work given they had the fault codes all written down).

D4 is now back with the dealer for repair, and I've got a brand new replacement from Enterprise until the work is done (bit more me than the drug-dealer/premier leagure footballer white/chrome RRS I had first time).

Seems stupid that the dealer couldn't use the LRA report as a valid diagnosis. Cost me 3 hours on New Year's Eve to deliver mine to the dealer and collect the replacement, and the really annoying thing is that LRA blame the dealer and the dealer blames LRA. Not good customer service!

Post #8775581st Jan 2012 10:17 pm
kljw

Scotland 

Shropshirelad
just had the same warning come up on my 2012 D4, started a few weeks past with what seemed to be a missfire (see post on this) but the big red triangle came on this morning.
mangaed to get it too the dealer, just waiting for there report.
 Cheers
Keith 

Post #89052730th Jan 2012 10:08 am
kljw

Scotland 

Hi
follow up from my post yesterday. spoke to the dealer late yesterday, despite the BIG RED triangle, no fault code was logged! they went onto say that there was a code but it had no bearing on the faults i had described. they have contacted land rover and are awaiting a responce.
 Cheers
Keith 

Post #89092631st Jan 2012 9:15 am
kljw

Scotland 

Hi
follow up from my post yesterday. spoke to the dealer late yesterday, despite the BIG RED triangle, no fault code was logged! they went onto say that there was a code but it had no bearing on the faults i had described. they have contacted land rover and are awaiting a responce.
 Cheers
Keith 

Post #89093331st Jan 2012 9:36 am
kljw

Scotland 

Update
spoke with the dealer this Am, appaerantly Land Rover think the fault is a dogy throtle unit, this is being replaced, should get my beloved D4 back today.
 Cheers
Keith 

Post #8915171st Feb 2012 12:20 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Could this be the same dealer that

said an Evoke problem "was characteristic of the vehicle"

Look in here for the evoke thread....
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #8915381st Feb 2012 1:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >