Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

retrofit - satnav / tv ect..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Boby

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
retrofit - satnav / tv ect..

hi guys and gals, thought i would fill you in on my plan to put a satnav/tv in my disco3.

after reading many of the posts on here about what system to get i have decided to go with a dvo dayton gp 6000

its a 5.3 inch screen with sat nav / digital tv ect.. i have ordered one this week and hope to find it is suitable for the task in hand.

The aim is to get a screen in the centre console, without the usual cables haning all over the place, and to be able to watch something while im parked up. the sat nav may be used if im lost/ however most if not all of the time i know where im going so i wont be using that feature much.

the unit cost is arround £300 but ive found a new unit on amazon.co.uk for £160.00 so if it all goes wrong its not the biggest expense.

fingers crossed its suitable!!!

if all goes well, pics and fitting instructions will be added once complete.
 vehicle history = 6 rover metro's 1 LR discovery 200Tdi
2 LR Defenders TD5, and a Discoevry 3. + 2 ducati 

Post #40918126th Jan 2009 11:23 am
carnoch

Scotland 

Without looking at the unit, I am unsure re fitting of the screen. I fitted a 7" Kenwood touch screen and it's easy with a couple of adaptations with a Dremel on bits you can't see, even if you remove the unit later. Peoples main problem is knowing which wires to piggy back. I presume you have a battery wire, ignition wire, earth and brake. Anyway, the battery can be plugged straight into a spade connector in the passenger footwell, there are posts and photos on this. The ignition, into one of the aux shocket wires in the centre console, the earth to one of the bolts to the right or left of the radio and the handbrake wire doesn't need to be fitted, it's just a safty feature. The other problem with a Kenwood is where to shove the control and hard disc units. I put mine in the lower glove box until the weather and temperature picks up and then will pop somwhere else.

Post #40921926th Jan 2009 12:14 pm
powella

Australia 2007 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

My car has the Kenwood GPS and AV control under the center of the middle row seat. I will be moving these to under the passenger seat, as you currently can't fold the seats flat. The 702 screen looks like a factory fit.

Cheers,
AP
 2007 Discovery 3 HSE TDV6, Java Black. Towing a Kimberley Karavan... somewhere...  
Post #40983427th Jan 2009 8:18 am
Boby

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
pn 6000

well i recieved the unit today. its quite bulky, and to be honest its probably not worth the effort of trying to make a nice fitting for it in the centre console. so im just going to use it as it was designed.

TV is quite cool, but as usual reception is a problem.

ill just have to save the pennys for the RR vouge..
 vehicle history = 6 rover metro's 1 LR discovery 200Tdi
2 LR Defenders TD5, and a Discoevry 3. + 2 ducati 

Post #40993527th Jan 2009 11:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >