Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

RIAT 2019
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
RBB

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Arrived Friday and just managed to get the tent up in the dry(ish)....camped at the official Tangerine Fields site by the Yellow entrance, plenty loos, hot showers, bar, and a kitchen. Even had hair driers, straighteners and usb chargers in a "pamper' tent !

Saturday early into the show and it was pretty good I guess, my 16 year old enjoyed it....maybe I'm to long in the tooth having worked at so many(12years in the RAF)

Highlights for me, probably the Osprey, what a weirdly fantastic bit of kit, and the Blades aerobatic team....kites shouldn't be able to tumble like that, and I thought the Red sparrows were pretty good, and the SU27...shear grunt

Lowlights, the F35b two passes...pathetic, No Tonka display by the Germans and Censored vaping, kicking out more smoke than the Reds!....and a lack of bars !!

Post #207137726th Jul 2019 1:42 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If you weren't happy with the F35's two passes, you'd have been a bit miffed with last years B2 appearance.
It flew all the way from Whiteman AFB in the states, did one pass and fecked off back. Shocked

Thought the Reds were poor again this year. They were good with the BA lump but when you've seen the Tricolori, anything else, including the Reds, are just boring. I've been in the aircraft industry all my life, am a passionate supporter of our forces but realistic to know the Reds are dated and until those old Hawks get replaced, they'll continue to disappoint. Can't doubt their popularity with the masses though but they desperately need new material + routines as well as new aircraft.
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #207138426th Jul 2019 2:12 pm
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have to agree with RBB, some Censored was vaping 15' to my left, and his synthetic smoke was blowing right in my face, and my boys faces. I ended up saying something quite loudly, and he and his girlfriend left.
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #207139726th Jul 2019 3:10 pm
RBB

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Narpy wrote:
If you weren't happy with the F35's two passes, you'd have been a bit miffed with last years B2 appearance.
It flew all the way from Whiteman AFB in the states, did one pass and fecked off back. Shocked

Thought the Reds were poor again this year. They were good with the BA lump but when you've seen the Tricolori, anything else, including the Reds, are just boring. I've been in the aircraft industry all my life, am a passionate supporter of our forces but realistic to know the Reds are dated and until those old Hawks get replaced, they'll continue to disappoint. Can't doubt their popularity with the masses though but they desperately need new material + routines as well as new aircraft.

Funny isn't it, I always thought the Reds were dull as dishwater on the many occasions Ive seen them....this year I thought they were pretty good, as for the Hawks they are keeping them for the foreseeable, they like the analogue cockpit apparently !

Post #207141426th Jul 2019 3:51 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I think the problem will be that the airframes will life out. I understand they are getting on 40years old so it's just a matter of time.
Maybe Boris will channel some cash their way to buy replacements.
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #207141626th Jul 2019 3:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >