Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Ride Level Control lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
TD59

United Kingdom 
Ride Level Control lights

I posted a year or two ago about problems with the ride level control module and fault lights
I had had problems for some time even though it would work perfectly often and actuating the various components via the scan tool showed everything to be working well. A couple of local LR independents had advised that replacing the compressor would probably be the only solution so when a cheap, albeit Chinese, compressor became available at one of the big independent LR parts companies, I decided it had to be worth trying. It fixed it, everything worked perfectly. I still wasn't exactly sure why but I was happy. However 12 to 18 months later, the yellow light was back on again. It would go off if I flicked the ignition off and on again but it had me thinking; there must be something not quite right somewhere. I decided to strip the exhaust valve on the original AMK compressor which I still had. After cleaning and lubrication I reinstalled the AMK unit and all was well for a day or two but then, light back on again. Fed up but determined to isolate the compressor as the cause, or not, I decided to put new dessicant in the Chinese compressor and also replace the electric pilot valve which didn't look anything like the AMK unit.
The dessicant looked perfect - disappointing - but, the paper seal at the bottom of the dessicant looked really blocked, although it seemed to blow through without problem. I replaced the pilot valve dessicant and end seals etc with a kit from 4x4airseals.com
Absolutely perfect. I actuated the compressor with the scan tool and noticed the compressor would vent almost immediately from the relief/exhaust valve, something it didn't seem to do before. I think it was just the paper end seals blocking the inlet to the compressor.
My suggestion to anyone having problems is; use the scan tool to actuate all the valves, listen for clicking etc and then release in turn to the gallery each corner valve and reservoir valve following each one with the exhaust valve to ascertain if the gallery has received air pressure from each air spring and from the reservoir. If all is good operate the compressor. If it doesn't blow the relief valve almost immediately, then I would suggest the the pressure isn't rising quick enough and the system will throw faults. Then try your dessicant and the paper seals at either end of the dryer pot. I'm a much happier bunny now. Seals and dessicant £22. I dont think I needed to replace the pilot vave but who cares, it's working.

Post #23578976th Jan 2024 4:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >