Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

Robbie's Guide To FBH Servicing & Repair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 17 <123 ... 14 151617>
itguy

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Andy, do you know if your gaskets on the ceramic part of the burner are damaged? I managed to service mine and dismantle the burner all fine without doing any damage to the gaskets at all. Good job as they're aren't available - although I suspect I would have resorted to making my own somehow if that had of been the case.

Post #221991124th Mar 2021 11:36 am
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Andy_M1 wrote:
Am about to service my FBH in the discovery 3 does anyone know where I can get the gaskets for the ceramic part of the burner from and if possible a part number? I've tried searching but no success.

Here you go, complete burner only though! Thumbs Up

https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/glow-plug-gen...23159.html
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #221997224th Mar 2021 3:11 pm
Andy_M1

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

arb wrote:
Hi Andy, I tried in vain to find the ceramic part and gaskets - failed.

They (LR and Webasto) annoyingly just dont break the burner down further in terms of parts. It's even hard to find the glow plug ass'y.

Shame really, as there's a growing community of people (not only LR) that are actively breaking down and servicing their burners.

Tried to hunt down via some Eastern European suppliers but that turned up blank too.

I resorted to finding used burners on ebay to 'up-cycle' parts that weren't available new.

Seem to remember Harold (Motolab) - on this thread - set out a list of new spares available?

Good luck!

arb

Thanks Arb my FBH wont fire up. I've run the diagnostics on it and it all seems ok so I have a nasty feeling the cup may be damaged in the burner.

Post #222005824th Mar 2021 9:13 pm
Andy_M1

itguy wrote:
Andy, do you know if your gaskets on the ceramic part of the burner are damaged? I managed to service mine and dismantle the burner all fine without doing any damage to the gaskets at all. Good job as they're aren't available - although I suspect I would have resorted to making my own somehow if that had of been the case.

I haven't plucked up the courage to take it out yet Smile So not sure if they will be ok. Watch this space.....

Post #222006024th Mar 2021 9:15 pm
Andy_M1

PROFSR G wrote:
Andy_M1 wrote:
Am about to service my FBH in the discovery 3 does anyone know where I can get the gaskets for the ceramic part of the burner from and if possible a part number? I've tried searching but no success.

Here you go, complete burner only though! Thumbs Up

https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/glow-plug-gen...23159.html

Thanks mate I did find the whole burner, not sure whether to buy a complete second hand FBH off ebay. It's a gamble.

I'm going to take mine out first and see if it's as simple as giving the unit a damn good clean

Post #222006424th Mar 2021 9:17 pm
PROFSR G

To be honest you'll only be taking it apart again with second hand bits. If you know the glow plug is goosed or the burner is damaged just bite the bullet. Thumbs Up

You'll be glad you did Smile If you don't already have it the Webasto diagnostics are available free to download. The interface and cables are available from Martin at the site shop!
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #222006824th Mar 2021 9:23 pm
Andy_M1

Got the interface and cables that was the first job.

Yeah you have a point it may well be a new burner so maybe worth just doing it. That seems to be the problem no ignition..............

Post #222007124th Mar 2021 9:33 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Another tip!

Buy a new burner, glow plug is included... and save money on NOT buying old and pre used ditched FBH’s and also diagnostics....and needed adapters... you do not need it normally.... cleaning, new burner, take the power off (but you did allready when you dismounted it for the dismantlement)

Priming etc. Is is ONLY needed when you fit a complete new fuel line and/or pump and your fuel line is emptied..... so... not when changing a burner or cleaning a burner...
And if needed you can always buy it later...

Another thing..

People spent easy a big amount of money on oilchange and filter each 6K but the FBH who only needs service after more than 100k or more km, has to run on freebees....

Just MHO
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #222007424th Mar 2021 9:42 pm
Northerdiver1

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3
FBH fault code B1D23-13

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction, the FBH has been working up till a couple cold snaps a few months back, I’ve got the fault code B1D23-13 (overheat sensor circuit)would removal and cleaning help clear this fault code. Or would a new unit be the best bet?

Post #22230887th Apr 2021 10:47 pm
PROFSR G

Cleaning won't change the fact that one of the temp sensors has gone kaput, but it may be useful whilst replacing the sensor which is the only way to rectify a duff one.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22230927th Apr 2021 11:04 pm
Northerdiver1

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3

Do you know if you can buy the sensor separately, or is the sensor built into the FBH ?

Post #22231138th Apr 2021 7:46 am
PROFSR G

Genuine sensors are available but you need to do a bit of homework as there are a few pretenders out there too!

Another option might be to buy a used unit from a breakers and use that if it works, or scavenge it for the bits you need. Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #22232088th Apr 2021 1:11 pm
Motolab

my advice, buy new sensors.. OEM indeed...

used ones, are 99% of the time damaged...when removed... removing them undamged looks easy job, isn't though...

so, OR a (used) heat-exchanger with a working set and DON'T remove them, just replace the whole heat-exhanger, OR buy new webasto sensors..
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #22232118th Apr 2021 1:22 pm
Connor-832

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
FBH Occasionally working

Hi,

I have set my fbh to work with third button however it seems to not want to work sometimes. It does run and operate when the ignition is on and engine running. I have also had it work a few times using the 3rd button. Only issue is it doesn't always work and when the 3rd button is pressed all that can be heard is a high pitched whining noise. I have reset by removing the fuse for a few minutes.

I'm puzzled as to what it could be as I know it works, so the fuel pump must be working and it must be getting signal asit has worked.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Connor

Post #226445328th Nov 2021 8:20 pm
Motolab

Presumably a rather low battery….

Second it is not uncommon if the glowplug is at a certain age that it needs a second start attempt sometimes…
 Best regards
Harold

Post #226445528th Nov 2021 8:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 15 of 17 <123 ... 14 151617>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >