Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

RRS vs D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
jumblemo

It all depends whether you want your neighbours to believe you earn your money as a drug dealing pimp or not...
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #3258013th Dec 2005 4:15 pm
Very Annoyed

England 

jumblemo wrote:
It all depends whether you want your neighbours to believe you earn your money as a drug dealing pimp or not...

Temper Temper Confused

Post #3259213th Dec 2005 5:04 pm
transman

Hmmmm !

As the lunatic who started this thread, I`d still like a feel as to whether the RRS lot think that on the whole, they have a more reliable vehicle than us guys with the D3 ?

Any comments?

Post #3262113th Dec 2005 7:38 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

i wanted the seven seats although i will not use them that often, also might be me but i felt like the d3 had more room around the driver and just feels more spacious

but the rrs does look the dogs danglies

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3262713th Dec 2005 7:56 pm
jumblemo

Oh no, the emotion isnt temper, its more like pity. It's just that to me, and presumably those others that say the RRS has too much bling; the car looks like it is the product of the 'Pimp my Ride' program.

It reminds me of the lengths Rover Cars was going to in its dying days when it had no more money to develop new cars. It started to take the standard 200, 400 and 600 ranges and then badge engineer them for MG by fitting lots of after market halfords parts. And then finally it did that really silly one with raised suspension, and big plastic mouldings to look like some sort of 400 on steroids crossed with a Rav4.

The RR has class, the Disco has practicality, but the RRS has bling...
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6

Post #3264113th Dec 2005 9:24 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

each to his own.... Wink
they're both awesome offroad - and on road... to paraphrase an americanism, different strokes for different blokes. As the French say, vive la difference.
To quote Mrs.10.... "you talkin' about bleedin' cars again" Shocked

Post #3264313th Dec 2005 9:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

10forcash wrote:
each to his own.... Wink
they're both awesome offroad - and on road... to paraphrase an americanism, different strokes for different blokes. As the French say, vive la difference.
To quote Mrs.10.... "you talkin' about bleedin' cars again" Shocked

They are both the dogs knackers and both are great designs. The D3 can look like a drug barons car if you add the wrong bits... same as the RRS. RRS looks great as standard.

Any car can look Censored with enough trappings glued and screwed on.

Long live Land Rover I say... and the next Freelander looks great too by the images I've seen !

Post #3264513th Dec 2005 9:36 pm
jumblemo

lol - its just the RRS comes as a drug barons car straight out of the box...
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6

Post #3283214th Dec 2005 12:53 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

easy tiger... Wink

Post #3283314th Dec 2005 12:54 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed

England 

For the record I am very happy with the RRS what I'm not happy with is that when I smashed it up it took 3 months to repair. Lack of parts etc. (fortunately th garage didn't find my stash!) Very Happy

Post #3288114th Dec 2005 10:11 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

There's an answer to that - Don't smash it up! Wink
 The End  
Post #3288314th Dec 2005 10:12 am
Pelyma

England 

Very annoyed wrote:
For the record I am very happy with the RRS what I'm not happy with is that when I smashed it up it took 3 months to repair. Lack of parts etc. (fortunately th garage didn't find my stash!) Very Happy

D3 was like that too. Sorry to hear though. Having seen NielR at Tixover I don't think there is anything between them. If you want lots of space get a D3 if your happy with smaller (but still good) space then RRS.

Styling is personal taste, I don't mind the transit back and love the RRS look. My wife reckons it looks too sporty! Women Rolling Eyes
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3288514th Dec 2005 10:15 am
RRUK
Site Supporter 

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Another Sport Owner's perspective

OK, I hear what you are all saying abouth the Sport being bling, but I beg to differ.

I could have chosen any LandRover vehicle (except the Range Rover Supercharged as it was not out at the time) and there are distinct reasons why I went for the RRS SC.

Frstly, I don't like the look of the D3 from the rear, it's like the designer just gave up and cut off the back of his clay model with a cheese wire and said "There, done..." Sorry if I offend but we DO all have different tastes.

Also, the D3 won't go in my garage by an inch or so, and the wife hates them also, but mainly cos a Discovery I cut her up years ago and she still holds a grudge. Shocked

I was going to buy a normal RR 4.4 Vogue but then the wife and I took a test drive in a Supercharged Sport and she said she prefered the way it handled, so an order was placed a day later. The Sport also fits snugly in my garage, looks beautiful, drives superbly and is just as good off road as any LR stablemate.

In terms of reliability, as a group of owners we all seem to have had similar niggles, like the rear number plate light falling out, noisy windscreen wipers and dashboard messages which go away upon a restart, but overall, the car is superb.

I would agree that the RRS IS a better quality built car than the D3. I've sat in many D3's, up to top spec and can't say I ever felt the luxury, it still always feels like a utilitarian compromise.

It's not about snobbery, it's about what fits your requirements. Mine had to replace a BMW M5, so it had to eat motorway miles, go fast, put a smile on my face and be very comfy and have lots of toys to make long journeys nicer. It also had to be a 4wd that can go offroad as I do a lot of shooting and the car has worked HARD for it's keep so far. In less than 3 months I've done 5200 miles and taken it offroad almost every weekend.

I've also crammed it with stuff to the roof lining, used it for taking things to the tip and carted people and dogs about.

It does EVERYTHING I wanted it to, and it just so happend that its called a Range Rover Sport. Very Happy

Post #3291414th Dec 2005 11:15 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

RRUK... most of us like the RRS. Me for one would have a V8 SC if I had the cash and didn't need the 7 seats.

BOTH great machines and great examples of LR new direction.

-s

Post #3294814th Dec 2005 1:05 pm
Desarzens

Switzerland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

True! I like it too and again if the RR or the RRS would be available as 7 "seaters" i WOULD go for one of the two.... but OK I have to assume being a father of 3 and feel very comfortable with a Disco II and will feel even better in February with the new D3 HSE Very Happy

Post #3295014th Dec 2005 2:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >