Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > FS: Other Vehicles

[Sold] 2003 Mini Cooper S
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
[For Sale] 2003 Mini Cooper S

Change in client visits has resulted in me spending a lot of time on the motorway, so a new car has joined the fleet. Car shuffling is taking up too much time in the Do$h household since my Merc turned up, so it's time for (one of the) weekend toy(s) to go.

April 2003 Mini Cooper S (R53). Chilli Red with contrast white roof, mirror caps and bonnet stripes. Full Leather, Chilli pack, Panoramic Roof, Nav Pack, factory tints.

97,000 miles, MOT April 2020

£2250 ono

Total 5 owners including me. I bought the car in April 2016 from Mark, a member on here. His family had it since 2006. (Mark's advert here for reference: https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/sold-2003-m...3376.html? )

Upgrades:
Miltek stainless cat-back exhaust, GTT Cold Air Induction kit , PIAA XT spotlamps, PIAA twin-tone horn, 1320 uprated bypass valve.

All pads, calipers and discs replaced with a JCW/R56 Brake upgrade (similar to the D3 V8 brake upgrade, new calipers and pads with larger discs on bigger carriers) in 2017 at 93,000 miles, prompted by an MOT fail for poor brake performance!

Other work and upgrades:

4 new Goodyear F1 fitted in February this year at 96,000 miles
Front wishbones and all associated bushes replaced by me in February this year at 96,000 miles.
Rear brake pipes replaced due to corrosion April 2019 (picked up at MOT and work carried out at the garage)
Headlights upgraded to facelift (post 05) xenon projectors as the original xenons are a bit crap.

Click image to enlarge

Facelift projectors. Note the pic at the top of the ad was taken prior to fitting these.

Possible future upgrades if you're so minded:
I've not got around to fitting a reduction pulley on the supercharger. This is a really simple way to get more air forced through the car and can add 10-15bhp. With the current mods, a supercharger pulley change and a light remap you'll see a comfortable 210bhp. Change the injectors for some 440cc injectors from a Focus ST and it's good for 225. 4:2:1 manifold, newman cam..... You get the idea. These are insanely tunable.

I also have a post facelift (closer ratio) gearbox with factory LSD and some lightweight R56 alloy rear trailing arms available. Happy to chat to any prospective purchaser about doing a deal on including these with the car.

Car had full service history when I purchased it. Since then I’ve done annual oil, filter and sparkplug changes myself in my workshop.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Bad bits:
A few stone chips on the bonnet. There’s a 5mm patch of white paint missing from the tip of the OS wing mirror where someone has rubbed against it at some point. There’s a rust bubble on the boot lid just about the number plate light - you can see it above the R on the picture below. This seems to be a common place for them to start to bubble. If I were keeping the car I’d be looking to rub the tailgate down and get it resprayed or source a replacement in the same colour on ebay.

Click image to enlarge
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #20508835th May 2019 10:26 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

That’s a lot of car for less than I’ll be paying for this hotel bill plus the last one. Shocked Shocked

Post #20509035th May 2019 1:12 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

And sold Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #20512436th May 2019 8:04 pm
NavyDoc

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Good effort. That didn’t take long! 😀

Post #20512686th May 2019 9:20 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Pleasantly surprised at the amount of interest I had, via pm on here and on facebook where I also had it listed. Ended up selling via facebook to a former Disco3.co.uk member Mr. Green
Post #20512796th May 2019 10:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >