Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

For Sale - 2005 Silver D3, 4.4 V8 Auto, LPG Converted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gavwhite1972

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto BarossaDiscovery 4
For Sale - 2005 Silver D3, 4.4 V8 Auto, LPG Converted

Unfortunately a change of personal circumstances has forced me into selling my pride and joy Sad(

2005 (05) D3, V8 4.4 LPG, Auto, Silver. 87k miles, full black leather interior.

It has full service history (Mostly with Ripon LR) and a fully certified LPG conversion which was carried out by CLS Dual-Fuel in Sep 2010.

The car is fully functional with no known faults. Last service was carried out by Offroad Essentials (10 for cash) off this forum on the 12th November 2010, a few 'advisories' were picked up and are booked in to be rectified with him next week (13 Jan 2011). So the car will have everything in perfect order.

I take great pride in my car and I believe that honesty is the best policy when buying and selling a vehicle, so please rest assured I will answer any questions you may have in a timely and honest manner.

LPG is sold at half the price of Petrol / Deisel, so for those concerned about the fuel economy of a petrol D3, please consider the following; the average MPG for this car is 18-20mpg, however you pay half price for fuel.... so double your cost up to full price and you get the equivelant of 36-40mpg, that is better value for money than the V6 Deisel Disco (25-30mpg) without the noise of a deisel engine, instead you get the purr (or roar) of a V8.

The car is also currently listed on that well known auction site with an asking price of £19,995.

If you have any interest in buying the vehicle, then please... sensible offers only. I really dont 'want' to sell and I will only sell for the right price (I just want to recover some costs on the vehicle and LPG conversion).

Thanks
 Many Thanks
Gavin White

2013 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE
2011 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE (Now Sold)
2006 Discovery 3 2.7TDV SE (Now Sold)
2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE with LPG Conversion (Now Sold)
2002 Range Rover 4.0 V8 P38 (Now Sold) 

Post #7441499th Jan 2011 11:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ferncottage

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Gavin, that sounds way over to me ..? Surprised I'd re-check it's value if you want to sell ..

IMHO realistically you won't get 36-40mpg equivalent cost because LPG is 70p+ a litre around my way at the moment, i.e. over half the cost of petrol, the octane level of LPG is below that of unleaded fuel so they always do a bit less than petrol per gallon. Also the car usually has to warm up on petrol, then change over to LPG, so you have to factor that cost in as well. Then the LPG part needs to serviced as well as the petrol side ..

I'd be surprised if yours costs any less than a 2.7 manual to run ..?

Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of LPG.
 Discovery 4 - 3.0 - 2015  
Post #74451710th Jan 2011 5:36 pm
gavwhite1972

The asking price is the 'full' preferred price based on market research... I was as suprised as you to see 2005 D3's going from anywhere from 15k to 22k.
It has a starting price of 15.5k up to a buy it now of 19.9k, very fair price if you looka round the autotrader etc...

Also, you have to factor in that I have just spent 2.8k on a top lpg conversion and over 1k on servicings etc to get the vehicle in tip top condition for sale, all of that expense is within the past few months is not normally what someone does when selling a vehicle.... I could have hidden the problems and sold on the cheap like most others on the market.... but I dont work that way.

As for the lpg, it was an approximation on the cost / mpg.... in most areas the average price of lpg is half of that of deisel, so it was a generic statement for calcs.
The warm up before switching takes around 1-2 minutes at tick over.... so I cant really see the huge cost in factoring that in!!
Servicing of the lpg system is every 12k miles and can be done for less than £100, not really alot to ask when you factor in the saving on fuel costs is it?

As I said, I dont really 'want' to sell it, I love it and I look after it, so if it does go (if there are similar people to me who want to buy with confidence), then asking that little bit more rather than a random risk from autotrader isnt such a bad thing...is it?

Look at it a different way,
16k for the car (average price really)
2.5 - 3k for a proper LPG conversion (reputable and certifed, not on the cheap)
1.5k - serivings and checks (which you would normally do on a new vehicle)

Is it really over-priced?? If you want to spend the market rate.... look for a very high miler, full of risk, with no lpg conversion Wink
 Many Thanks
Gavin White

Post #74454410th Jan 2011 6:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Will Hay

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I'd read that LPG is about 20% less efficient but obviously the saving per litre is a huge benefit.

Having no other experience than being able to add up if a V8 averages 15mpg then an LPG conversion will do 12mpg at £0.70/ltr so circa 22mpg Question when compared to an auto tdv6 but with that superb V8 noise.
Sounds like a preferred option but trouble is, in my opinion and having had some experience of selling a car I've really, really loved, no one ever wants to pay what you put into it.

Kudos for not wishing to sell it as a pile of Censored , very honourable and trust me, no one has come across the scum of the earth better than me when buying a car but unfort. whilst it's a selling point I fear you won't get that extra money back.

Sincerely though dude, best of luck with what's obviously a great machine Thumbs Up
Rob
 D3 incl. genuine glass windscreen, front bi-focal headlights, full width rear bumper, self levelling washer bottle contents and audible 'tick tock' indicator stalk
911 GT3 had one [never]
R8 V12 just gone [past me]
Piiss highest up a wall winner runner up 1979 

Post #74463010th Jan 2011 9:06 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #74463810th Jan 2011 9:32 pm
gavwhite1972

Will Hay wrote:

Sincerely though dude, best of luck with what's obviously a great machine Thumbs Up
Rob

Thanks Will.
I totally understand where you're coming from... as the saying goes, 'shy bairns get nowt'
I am asking for what I would like, if I get it or as close as possible then great, if not then I have a fantastic car fully up to date with a clean bill of health.
Its win win.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Many Thanks
Gavin White

Post #74464210th Jan 2011 9:39 pm
gavwhite1972

SOLD

SOLD for £16,100

Staying on here to keep up with things while I save for a D4 or a nice Defender 90.

Thanks to all who I have spoken to over the last 6 months.
 Many Thanks
Gavin White

Post #76144314th Feb 2011 2:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >